Say hello to the new OpenClass™ app, now for both iPhone and iPad.
- Notifications: Get notified when important events happen in your courses or learning network
- Share Stream: Share a post to your classmates or followers and explore posts from your personal learning network.
- Calendar: Easily browse your due dates across courses
- Announcements: Browse announcements from your instructor
- Course Content: View your content through our touch-friendly course navigation
- Discussions: Tap, swipe and scroll your discussion topics, posts and responses. Create new posts or respond to your classmates, even add photos, audio and files to your posts.
- Gradebook: View your grades and assignments.
- Submissions: Read your instructor’s comments on assignments, and submit comments and files.
- People & Profiles: See your classmates’ profiles in the people section, or by tapping their profile picture. Start Following classmates to stay connected to them.
- Dropbox & Google Drive: Add Dropbox & Google Drive files as attachments
- On iPad: Instructors can grade submissions and record audio notes.
We’ll always be working to improve this app! Please send your feedback or questions to email@example.com.
- Now supports iPhone 6 and 6+
- Compatible with iOS 8
- UI improvements
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
App crashes when attempting to check followers. Does not show future courses, so you are not able to work on a class with an iPad. Switching from screen to screen can be annoying, the system functions do not always work. If more work went into this app, it could be one of the best. Hope to see Pearson spend some man hours and acquire feedback to get this app user friendly.
Needs bugs fixed, more features added
I am a teacher and use the teacher account. You cannot create anything or add any content on the ipad which is not a huge deal but you would think you should be able to do something at least. Also, it crashes every time I push the plus button to add a post to the stream. Hopefully they can get the app working smoother because I would love to use this LMS for my students! They all have iPads this year so I’m looking for a good solution to online practice and content for my class (Spanish).
No way to sign in
The App Store calls for a star rating, but I cannot fairly give this App more than two stars. There is no way to sign in, and no way to figure out which account to use. When the App gives you the option of signing in with your Google account, it still won't sign in.
Who knows what goodies PEARSON has in store for us after the login. In fact, who knows why they make you log in in the first place? That one error renders 22MB of coding moot.
- Pearson Education, Inc. (Curriculum Group)
- 24.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Pearson Education, Inc., or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.