By Doctor's Guide Publishing Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OpenCME is a service that provides physicians with an unparalleled, always-at-hand choice of medical education from the world's most highly regarded academic institutions, medical societies and thought-leading educators.
Thanks to OpenCME, you can now take CME courses wherever and whenever your schedule permits, using your iPhone, iPad or laptop/desktop computer.
- Watch video presentations on your iPad, iPhone or laptop/desktop computer
- Participate in interactive activities, or simply read text-based courses
- Take post-tests and earn credits, right from your device
- Select CME on the basis of conditions addressed or therapies discussed
- Review all activities available on OpenCME from any society, university or faculty member, as well as from top peer-reviewed journals and major conferences
- Send activities of interest to your inbox for later viewing
- Share activities with colleagues using e-mail, Facebook or Twitter
- Search for CME activities that match one or more keywords you specify, including signs, symptoms, diagnoses, therapies, etc.
- Keep track of your activity history
- Add CME activities you feel would benefit other OpenCME users
... and more
*Topics of Interest from Sources You Trust*
Sources include top medical schools, local, national and international medical societies, leading peer-reviewed journals, national and international conferences and congresses.
Topics are tailored to your practice, providing the insights needed to stay ahead of medical advances.
*Always Up To Date*
New CME activities are added to OpenCME every day by physicians like you, CME providers as well as OpenCME medical editors.
*Always At Hand*
On the train, by the pool or before going to sleep, the opportunity to earn CME credits is now always at hand, like your iPhone or iPad.
*Most Comprehensive Source*
We hope you will come to rely on OpenCME as your source of choice for the medical education that best fits your needs, your practice and your circumstances. We are confident you will not find a more comprehensive, easier to use source of online CME anywhere.
*Specialties & Interests Covered*
AIDS / HIV
Allergy / Immunology
Endocrinology & Diabetes
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Pulmonary / Respiratory Medicine
*For CME Providers*
OpenCME is dedicated to becoming the ideal place for CME providers to offer their courses and activities to one of the world's largest community of knowledge-seeking physicians. Course directors and other educators are welcome to submit the certified/accredited activities they author for inclusion in OpenCME. Such activities can be submitted for review from inside the OpenCME App.
What's New in Version 1.3
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Added a more comprehensive list of medical specialties and interests, making OpenCME an even better source of medical education for physicians and health-care professionals.
This is just a portal with headlines which you click to be redirected to other sites to participate in their CME activities, many of which cannot be run on the iPad. The cost appears to be anywhere from $30-$45/hr of credit earned. On the plus side, the topics were customized for my area of specialization, however I don't find this app useful and am doing to delete it.
useless for iPhone 3G
Really needs wifi to work at all, and then the majority of links tell me that they won't work on my device (3G).
Diverse CME opps
A really comprehensive source of CME.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 10, 2010
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Doctor's Guide Publishing Limited
- © 2009-2010 OpenCME. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.