By grégory descamps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
oPenGP is a solution to support OpenPGP standard (RFC 4880) on your iOS device.
- Decryption / Verify.
- Encryption & Sign.
- Clear sign.
- Fully compliant with GPG & PGP® Desktop software.
- Text message (armor format) "Decryption / Verify" and "Encryption & Sign" through Clipboard (copy & paste), iOS Documents interation (ex: iOS Mail.app -> oPenGP), Email, SMS, Dropbox, "My Files".
- Files (.pgp or .gpg files) "Decryption / Verify" and "Encryption & Sign" through iOS Documents interation (ex: iOS Mail.app -> oPenGP), Email, Photos, Dropbox, "My Files".
- Local folder "My Files", to store encrypted documents inside oPenGP, can be managed through iTunes file sharing.
- OpenPGP/MIME renderer (RFC 2045 Plain UTF-8 message bodies, RFC 2046 Attached files), for reading mail with attached files sent with GPGMail (open source plugin for Apple Mail).
- Automatic extraction of decrypted archives (.tar .gz .zip .7z .rar) included in OpenPGP/MINE format or in .pgp .gpg files.
- Ability to preview all decrypted files (Ex: .png .jpg .pdf .doc) or to send them through iOS Documents interaction (ex: oPenGP -> Quick PDF).
- Importation of PGP keys (.asc files) through iTunes file sharing, iOS Documents interation, Clipboard, Dropbox.
- Search & import public keys from server (hkp).
- Secured keyring storage.
- Secured passphrase saved with Touch ID Authentication.
- Lock application with a passcode.
- Auto encrypt to myself.
Features NOT supported, but on roadmap:
- Trust, verify, sign & update public keys on servers (hkp).
- Creation of secret/public keys.
Follow me on Twitter @gregorydescamps.
What's New in Version 6.0.3
What's new in v6.0.3 version:
- CHANGE: Secured passphrase saved with Touch ID Authentication.
- BUG FIXED: Search key for one contact.
A great piece of software marred by a three year old achilles' heel
UPDATE: One MAJOR flaw it also has is that t forces you to use you contacts to search for keys on PGP servers instead of providing a search field. For an app that is supposed to be for privacy, I find this to be obscene and have deducted another star.
UPDATE 2: Also cannot do symmetric (passphrase only) encryption/decryption.
I'm not sure why a developer with a piece of software so great would allow a bug to linger and survive for almost three years.
Reading the reviews, you'll see that the import from clipboard bug has existed almost as long as the software has been around. While it is nice that i can draw import keys from DropBox, that is a tedious convoluted workaround when i should be able to simply cut-and-paste from email. The latter being the way i normally receive my public keys.
Given that this is an app with a price tag, I would think that bugs would be handled in a timely manner. Even though this app is being presented as production quality, the missing clipboard functionality really puts it at the beta test level at best. I don't think it is right for developers to charge users to test their product. This app should be on the free list until the critical paste from clipboard functionality has been added.
Missing a cool feature but still awesome
I was really hoping I would be able to create a new key using this instead of annoyingly transferring it from my PC.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: grégory descamps
- © Grégory DESCAMPS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.