Search for images from multiple online image collections!
● New York Public Library
● Library of Congress
● California Digital Library
● Digital Public Library of America
● LIFE Magazine photo archive
● National Library of Australia (Trove)
● Flickr: Commons Project
● Flickr: Boston Public Library
● Flickr: Cambridge Historical Society
● Reddit: /r/HistoryPorn
● Reddit: /r/OldSchoolCool
● Reddit: /r/TheWayWeWere
OpenPics is open source.
Wish it had more features? Download the source code, and add it! I'll update the app as new features are added.
Get the source code here:
Finally updated to newer device sizes!
Ratings and Reviews
A lot of potential, marred by crashes and lack of bibliographic/citation info
A breadth of historical imagery at your fingertips, but never with more than a brief caption, at best. Even a link to more info would be immeasurably helpful. As is, I’m afraid to use any of the treasures I’ve found for anything beyond unguided, fuzzy research.
Great variety, scant info
Where are all these wonderful images sourced from? Lack of info is as big a disappointment as the images are a pleasure.
Simple, easy to use interface.
This is a great, simple app for finding new pictures you may not come across anywhere else. I've been using it for about a month now and it's all I could ask for.
Doesn't over promise, doesn't under deliver. Thanks for the native iPad version.
- Paul Gray
- 3.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Basque, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2013 Say Goodnight Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.