By OpenVPN Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel VPN, and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel, or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses PolarSSL (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
What's New in Version 1.0.7
Changes in 1.0.7 (from 1.0.5):
* Updated mbedTLS (formerly PolarSSL).
* The OpenVPN Setting "Force AES-CBC ciphersuites" is now off by
default. If you experience connection issues with this change,
you can easily turn it back on in the Settings App under OpenVPN.
* Added "Minimum TLS version" setting. If you experience connection
issues with this option, try setting it to "Disabled" in the
Settings App under OpenVPN.
* Added AES-GCM cipher support.
* Developers can now detect if OpenVPN is installed:
BOOL installed = [application canOpenURL:[NSURL
* Library updates:
mbedTLS : 1.3.16
I use this to access our customer's devices on the go. I like the option to import the .ovpn file with the embedded certificates directly from an S/MIME encrypted email message.
The option to pause/resume VPN when locking/unlocking the device works well and saves power. If you prefer an "always on" persistent VPN connection, then activate the options "Seamless Tunnel" (iOS 8+) and "Layer 2 Reachability". I have noticed that when I activate both options the VPN persists even when my iPhone 4s is locked and almost out of cellular coverage in my pocket. I'm totally satisfied with this client.
Setting fixes connection timeout issue
Changing my review because I read the release notes for this version. It says this version turns off the "Force AES-CBS ciphersuites" setting by default. But if you have connection issues, you can turn it back on in the settings. I enabled the setting and everything works perfectly again!
Like many people have said, newest version has connection timeout error every time I try to connect. Worked perfectly before with my work's VPN, but can't use it now.
Yes the update does cause issues!
Up until version 1.0.5 I worked have given it 4-5 stars. Worked great and allowed me access in locations the standard iOS VPN settings were blocked. Since the 1.0.7 update, I have been unable to connect with it are all. I'm tech savvy and read all the instructions regarding the new settings. Tried all the permutations and nothing. This updated reality broke out, maybe not for everyone but for enough people that the complaints in the reviews are valid, as are the user who are posting n forums about the same issue.
PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 31, 2016
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- © OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.