By OpenVPN Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel VPN, and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel, or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses PolarSSL (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Changes between 1.0.4 and 1.0.5:
* Fixed Import Profiles bug that affects 1.0.4 on iOS 8. This issue causes OpenVPN to fail to detect new profiles that are available for import.
* Support new iOS 8 feature where Settings App can be used to launch native OpenVPN profiles. Note that only autologin profiles (i.e. profiles that don't require credential entry) can be launched using this mechanism.
* Added "Seamless Tunnel" setting (See OpenVPN section of Settings App) for iOS 8 and higher. Make a best-effort to keep the VPN tunnel active during pause, resume, and reconnect states to minimize the likelihood of packet leakage during sleep/wakeup and network reconfiguration events.
* Connection speed improvements.
* Support OpenVPN "float" directive.
* Don't fail the connection when OpenVPN "topology net30" directive is mixed with "ifconfig-ipv6", since the topology setting doesn't really affect IPv6.
* Recognize backslash as a directory separator, to allow import of Windows profiles.
* Library updates:
PolarSSL : 1.3.8
Boost : 1.56.0
1.05 breaks app - fixed
Update: As noted by another user, the new library seems to require that the Basic Constraints are set, which 1.04 did not require. Adding "basicConstraints:CA:TRUE" in the ovpn file above the start of the CA section fixed it for me with a self issued CA. It is now working again as it did before, which was really well.
The 1.05 update broke the connection to my Pi server that had worked perfectly previously from an uptodate 5 and iPad. The issue appears to be with the new PolarSSL library used in the service. I suggest you do not update from 1.04 until this is debugged, although stripping the Cert key from the .ovpn file and separately loading it may restore service on some devices. It goes from a 5 to a 1 until this can be fixed, but when it worked it worked great.
The best !!!
I have tried a lot of vpn services and end up deleting then from my iPhone, because they are not reliable to use " alway on ", and that's the way I use the vpn service in order To encrypt all the traffic, the applications included. Private tunnel (open vpn) is the only one the that wake up when I receive calls VoIP, never miss a call again!
Is the faster over all vpn I tried.
The only complain is some times when don't use it for a long period it drop due time out. But I giving 5 star because it is simple; is the best I have found as a vpn service !
I use it on my pc and is even better, because never drop, it is awesome !!!
Excellent tool in the security toolbox
Simplest thing I can say about OpenVPN Connect is that it just works, and that's all that you want from a security solution. It doesn't get in the way, rarely if ever crashes (I haven't had a crash since several versions back), connects very quickly. Of course, you need to do a little setup on the back end (setting up your OpenVPN server), but once done, importing your credentials is pretty easy. If this were "pay for" software, I would have rated it FOUR stars (would ask that it have components that automate the setup of the back end), but for the price, definitely a solid FIVE star solution. Thanks, OpenVPN Technologies.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 15, 2014
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- © OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.