By OpenVPN Technologies
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel VPN, and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel, or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses PolarSSL (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Changes between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1:
* updated ovpn3 backend and plugin
* better support for NAT64
* workaround for sweet32 vulnerability
* implementation of relay protocol
Changes between 1.0.7 and 1.1.0:
* The OpenVPN Setting "Force AES-CBC ciphersuites" is now
off by default. If you experience connection issues with
this change, you can easily turn it back on in the Settings
App under OpenVPN.
* Known issue: sometimes after install, the OpenVPN settings
in the Settings app may vanish. This is a known iOS
issue. A suggested workaround is to quit the Settings app
by double-tapping the home button, and then dragging
Settings out of the list of apps. The next time you launch
Settings, the OpenVPN settings ought to show up.
* NAT64 is now fully supported.
* Improved network reachability detection.
* Implemented automatic per-key data limits on Blowfish and
other 64-bit block-size ciphers to sidestep "Sweet32"
* Relaxed mbedTLS/PolarSSL certificate date checking:
1. allow dates that omit the seconds field
2. allow dates that specify a timezone
This should solve the error "PolarSSL: error parsing cert
certificate : X509 - The date tag or value is invalid"
* Added fix for error "digest_error: NONE: not usable".
* Added mbedTLS/PolarSSL log level setting.
* Library updates:
mbedTLS/PolarSSL : 1.3.17
Super Excellent Product!!!
I think some of you might be confused! I believe we were asked to rate the app and not the service. If you're having connect, and disconnect issues, that would most likely be your Internet Host or VPN Service and not the the OpenVPN Connect app itself. I have used the OpenVPN Connect app with a variety of VPN hosts for three to four years now, and I can assure you it has worked superbly. I currently use TorGuard with OpenVPN Connect and it seems to be a match made in heaven!!! so basically from my own experience, I have found OpenVPN Connect not only to be Rock Solid, and Secure, but Extremely Reliable!!! I mean what more could one ask for!!! Great product!!!
Great App, But Blocked On Restrictive Networks
This VPN client is very good and I like it a lot. Ever since I set up an OpenVPN host on my home server, I've been able to successfully connect to my home network from my phone in any location for free! However, some places like my current school use advanced filtering to detect and block the connection. This is a real issue for me because i rely on connecting to my network for work. An implementation of obfsproxy or stunnel for obfuscation of the vpn tunnel would be very good for both me and some of us that are in a country with restrictive internet. Please consider adding those protocols. It would make an already great app even better!
Works, but serious privacy issues
It works -- that’s obviously the most important thing. This is a poorly designed app. The biggest problem is the terrible logging function that, as far as I can tell, maintains an un-erasable all-time history of your connections -- a potentially serious privacy issue. On top of that is the usual open-source ugly and un-intuitive UI. Weird issues include: renaming a profile, in addition to a strange UI, restores the previous history of any similarly named profile. (Even deleting your profile doesn’t delete its log!) Deleting a profile takes multiple steps: tap delete, then tap the delete symbol, the tap a different delete button. There is no way to view your configuration. And so on.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 02, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- © OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.