openWeb - Dyslexia friendly web browser
By Abbie Gonzalez
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your default Safari web browser is not customizable. And when you want to use a font or style designed for accessibility, this creates a problem.
The openWeb Browser is a browser that helps solve that problem by giving the internet a more readable style on your iPhone (and iPhone 5) and iPad.
• The default font is OpenDyslexic: a free open-source font designed to be easy to read, especially for dyslexic readers. This font looks great on retina displays.
• The colors have slightly less contrast to help prevent glare.
• Symbols are bolder, and darker, to help detect sentences and phrases.
• NEW! Reading mode on iPhone/iPod Touch lets you read the page formatted for the screen size, and with less distraction!
You can full-screen the browser at any time to remove distractions by tapping and holding. Return to the default view by tapping and holding again.
Search using DuckDuckGo! Enter a search term instead of an address into the address bar to search the web using DuckDuckGo
openWeb is free, and has no ads, and never will. It's simply a project I use, and have made available to help others.
What's New in Version 5.83
bug fixes: non-updating address
improvement: normal keyboard to search from address bar.
New version of OpenDyslexic with beta international support. If it looks off, email me and I'll correct it!
Amazing app for folks with dyslexia
What a great start! This makes reading web-sites so much easier for dyslexic folks!
Please consider developing an iPad version that is capable of horizontal browsing.
Hello i am dyslectic and i'm i get really frustrated when i read in ur browser half of the letters r blare , so can u plz unprove it and adjust it so i can read vertically or Horizontally Thank u so much of thinking of us " dyslectic ppl" keep up the good well . Good bless u
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2012
- Version: 5.83
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: Abelardo Gonzalez
- © 2012 Abelardo Gonzalez
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.