Opera Mini web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Mini, one of the fastest web browsers made for your iPhone and iPad, now has a built-in ad blocker. It also saves data, syncs your bookmarks and Speed Dials across devices, and gives you fast, easy access to your favorites.
Your Apple device is awesome. It keeps you connected to the people and content you love, wherever you go. But, you know what’s not awesome? Big, fat data bills. Also, ads. Bills and ads. Boo. What can you do? Install Opera Mini.
Opera Mini blocks ads and crunches down the size of the websites you visit. It compresses images, video and text, making sites lighter and faster. More cat videos and life hacks for you, less data on your monthly bill.
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
What's New in Version 14.0.0
- Added ad blocker
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Used to be good
I used to like this, but it won't load Facebook. I get the Facebook login screen, enter my ID and password, then click the log in button. The Facebook login screen reappears saying "you must login first". I had to open up a different browser, log into Facebook and close the bogus Opera Mini login. Opera Mini has a lot of great features, but has clearly been neglected and no longer works properly with newer IOS operating systems. Opera would have spent time and money better to have updated Opera Mini instead of Opera Coast. I deleted Opera Mini, my former iPhone go to browser in favor of Brave and Aloha. Update 6/1/17: I installed Opera Mini on my new iPad and when I tried to log into Facebook, I got one popup saying I needed to allow cookies to be accepted and a second one that said I was using a browser no longer supported by Facebook and displaying Chrome or Firefox to choose. Since Opera works great on my laptop (it is my go to browser on my laptop), I wanted to give Opera Mini one more chance to see if it would work on my iPad in accessing Facebook, but it let me down. At least now I know why, the two popups I mentioned never appeared on my iPhone. Sadly, farewell to Opera Mini, it is deleted from my iPad. The laptop version will remain my go to for my laptop. Opera, you really let down a long time fan! Bad move!
Anyone Else Noticed..
Still no relief on any of these issues
I like the browser however Opera really needs to do something about the aggressive ads that are taking over their browser. This issue is getting much worse. Videos advertisements start playing for no reason and while your trying to read an article, the App Store suddenly pops up and tries to get you to purchase some really annoying game. Meantime, when you do click on a link, Opera opens to page behind the page your reading rather than just making it the primary page. Picture pressure is also way too sensitive. You touch a picture and the image link pops up whether you want it too or not. Really darn frustrating.
Help us out guys .. really.
Switching over after years of Chrome
I've been using Chrome for iOS ever since it came out and I was confident enough to say that it was the best mobile browser ever. It had everything that I wanted; desktop syncing, flash, etc.
I decided to give Opera a try and my, was I blown away. The data saving feature is an absolute must for me because I don't have unlimited data. The UI just feels a lot more cleaner and minimalistic (which some people prefer). Overall, I would give this app an 10/5 if I could.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 14.0.0
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.