Opera Mini web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Mini web browser
Download Opera Mini for one of the fastest web browsers made for your iPhone and iPad. Pick up where you left off on other devices by syncing your bookmarks and your Speed Dials. Access your favorites faster and save up to 90% on data usage.
Look, you bought an Apple device for fancy graphics and high-power video. But, your data plan didn’t suddenly get bigger — and your network didn’t magically get faster — just because you bought a nice piece of tech.
Opera Mini crunches down the size of the websites you visit. It compresses images, video and text, making sites lighter. We do all of that to ensure that you connect to the web instantly and access sites super fast.
* Faster browsing - Instantly choose from search results that magically appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs and browse your heart out without leaving any search traces on your device.
* Smart night mode - Read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video and track the number of optimized videos on your data counter. Did we mention video boost reduces buffering?
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to free them from lagging and stalling, so they can fly through their web favorites on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Fall in love with it. It’s free.
What's New in Version 13.0.0
- Integration with password managers. Use the share button to fetch logins and passwords from your favorite password manager apps.
- Slide Over and Split Screen support for iPad (only for iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 2 or later).
- Access to your open Opera tabs on other devices through our sync service.
- Improvements in startup time.
Sync is great, but no keyboard shortcuts?
The sync between Opera Mini for iOS and full Opera on a Windows machine is great. Tab sync to the mini is not supported but there is a button in the top right that will give a list of open tabs in my other browser which is likely better given that many users will give different jobs to different computers.
However, it seems that keyboard shortcuts are disabled. I did a search and only pages listing Windows and Linux keyboard shortcuts appeared. I am on an iPad Pro used as a laptop and I was disappointed to notice that there seem to be no keyboard shortcuts in this version.
Version 13 improved.
It's much faster today. I don't know it that was part of the update, but pages load twice as fast on 3G making things easier and more relaxing. Night mode has been around for a while, but it's one of the best features. Newer versions will be better. This is why I'm sticking with Opera Mini. It's very convenient and the data compression is mainly why I use it.
ONLY browser not hit by iOS 9.3 bug!
Safari froze when I tried click-hold links. Same with Mercury and Firefox. But Opera just keeps chugging along. (That's in addition why it was already my favorite: Opera is the only browser to consistently get even the most-resistant "mobile version" sites to show their desktop versions.)
Just one request: a reader view!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 01, 2016
- Version: 13.0.0
- Size: 35.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.