This app allows users to calculate the total daily morphine milligram equivalents (MME) that a patient is taking, based on type of opioid analgesic, strength, and quantity. Multiple types of opioid analgesics can be included in the total daily MME calculation. An alert is displayed for total daily MME ≥ 100, indicating an increased risk for overdose. The app is for use by prescribing clinicians only; it may be of use to nurses and pharmacists. Additionally, it is intended for use in the ambulatory care setting and does not include intravenous formulations of medications. Among the other disclaimers with regard to use of this app is the following:
THIS TOOL IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN: (A) END-OF-LIFE CARE; (B) CHILDREN, DUE TO UNPREDICTABLE METABOLISM AND RISK FOR POSSIBLE HARM; (C) CONVERSION FROM ONE OPIOID TO A DIFFERENT OPIOID.
The URL which provides Information pertaining to overdose prevention has been updated.
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 City of New York
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.