Opioids by Norris Vivatrat and Chris Marcellino is an opioid analgesic dosage conversion calculator for use by trained medical professionals. The application supports conversion to and from opioids commonly prescribed and used in U.S. hospitals orally, parenterally, or transdermally, including morphine, codeine, hydromorphone, hydrocodone, fentanyl, methadone, oxycodone and oxymorphone. The application is intended to help and instruct in the process of conversion of opioid regimens.
• Native support for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• Choose between SCVMC and EPEC conversion models (see about tab)
• Multiple route support
• Multiple drug support
• Incomplete cross tolerance option
• Breakthrough dosing calculator
• Provides instructional details about each calculation
• Saves last calculation on exit
• Supports landscape and portrait modes
• Reference guide
By Professor EBM, the Internal Medicine Residency Teaching Resource for Evidence-Based Medicine: http://www.professorebm.com/, a resource of the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center.
Please send support requests and feedback using the link in the About tab of the app.
Chris Marcellino, MD — Mayo Clinic
Norris Vivatrat, MD — UCSD Medical Center
Improved support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good opioid calculator
When I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 8, I lost the ability to use my original opioid calculator app, the opioid. This is a fairly suitable replacement, and it works well with good stability on my iPhone 5S running iOS 8. The only suggestion I would have is that it is cumbersome to enter in numerical quantities for milligrams received using "rollers" instead of a keypad.
I use it everyday working in pain management! The only improvements you could make is add Nucynta and a two a day dose for Fentanyl Patch!!
Use it all the time. It is quick and efficient!
- Chris Marcellino MD LLC
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2009-2014 Dave Shewmon & Chris Marcellino, L.L.C.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.