Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OPlayer HD is used to boost your iPad's media abilities, you can also use it to streaming audio and video over the internet.
No converting! Play all video formats directly!
The most popular media player OPlayer!!!
With 3 years' continuos evolution, millions of people are using OPlayer!
OPlayer has been rated as "iPhone Apps Plus Best"!
* Supported File Format Extension
- XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats.
* Extra Features
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to your iPad.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movies by the web browser of your computer, support ie/safari/firefox/chrome.
- FTP Server: Upload movies by the ftp client of your computer, support cyberduck/filezilla.
- FTP Client: You can download files from FTP server to your iPad.
- SAMBA Client: You can download files from SAMBA server to your iPad.
- Dropbox support.
- Streaming: Support HTTP/RTSP/MMS/FTP/SAMBA streaming.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Playlist: Create your own playlist, and play files continuous, you can even use OPlayer as a music player.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle/video channel and encoding method.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
- How do I put files into OPlayer HD?
To add files to your OPlayer HD app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select OPlayer HD in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
- What kind of streams does OPlayer HD play?
OPlayer HD is able to play RTSP/MMS/FTP/SAMBA streams, If you want to use OPlayer HD to open the streaming from your website, add "oplayer:" prefix in the URL.
- I want to open an attachment from mail app with OPlayer HD?
If you want to watch an attachment in OPlayer HD(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick OPlayer HD as a player.
- iTunes won’t see the files under OPlayer HD?
You need to enable backup in the settings page to see files in iTunes.
- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
- The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the file detail page.
- Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, but TV-out function only supported by iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2 and above.
* Contact us
What's New in Version 2.1.00
- Add flat UI for iOS8. (You can still use old theme in the settings page if you don't like the flat UI)
Excellent but needs tweaking
I use this app primarily as a simple functional player for flac files, and it works great. I like the wifi transfer method for being relatively easy and highly portable. The url playing function also works well for playing internet radio. The simple file system is good, and the playlists straightforward to build and use. The minor flaw is that it occasionally freezes after playing one track.
Rewind gesture when doing hardware decoding does not work properly. It keeps rewinding to the same area even after multiple swipes. Hardware decoding also does not save the last viewed time. Finally, there needs to be an option to have hardware decoding by default. Many of my videos are very choppy if I use software decoding. Clicking the lighting bolt all the time is not what I would call convenient.
A few problems
The app is great, however, there are a few issues.
The app doesn't allow me to rename files and it does not allow me to move files to different folders. In previous versions of this app, this problem didn't exist, so I'm assuming that it's just a glitch. Once this problem is fixed, I will give this app a 5 star rating.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 2.1.00
- Size: 45.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Breton, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Jonathan Young
- © olimsoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$4.99
- Decompress file$0.99
- Photo Viewer$0.99
- Orange Theme$0.99