The OPPO MediaControl app turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO 4K UHD Blu-ray player. The app is able to browse media libraries, control playback of media files, and even turn the player on and off.
1. Play media files from different sources such as your mobile device, connected USB drives, DLNA servers, and SMB shares.
2. Quickly browse through your media files alphabetically or by searching for specific files.
3. Save your favorite songs, movies, and photos to your Favorites list, and create personalized playlists to quickly access the songs you love most.
4. Control the playback of your media files and easily toggle playback modes such as shuffle and repeat.
5. View media file information from the Now Playing screen.
6. Control multiple players with a single mobile device, or control single player with multiple mobile devices.
7. Power the player off and on using the MediaControl app (requires that Network Standby moved is enabled – see notes below for details).
8. Utilize a virtual remote control with four customizable buttons can be used in place of or in conjunction with the physical remote control.
1. The MediaControl app will only work with players that have been updated to a supported firmware version.
2. The following conditions must be met in order for the MediaControl app to wake the player from standby mode: the player must be connected to the same network as the mobile device you are using to control it, and the player must have the “Network Standby” mode selected under Setup Menu / Device Setup / Standby Mode.
3. If you run into any issues or observe any errors when using the MediaControl app, please contact OPPO Customer Service by emailing email@example.com .
Required Firmware Version:
41-0317B or later.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible! Crashes, freezes...
Deserves less than 1 star. I have a large music collection on my external HD and while the 20X app can navigate to and read the files, it constantly freezes or simply won’t play the FLAC files. Won’t work with my iPad Mini and even worse on my iPhone 6. The blue button for random playback doesn’t work for external HD music files either, only for CD playback. Was on the phone with Oppo tech support. They told me to try a different HD and start with a smaller selection of music files. I tried a direr this HD but same problem.
Oppo has put in a service ticket and said they will get back to me.
Very frustrating. Was so looking forward to the two 2 channel audio improvement over my BDP 105 for my music collection but unless Oppo addresses the bugs in this god awful app it’s useless!
Great, but buggy
When this app works, it is a great tool to have. Browsing files on an external hard drive is especially pleasant. The big problem is the app freezes a lot, crashes, and has a very hard time reconnecting to the player. Force closing the app sometimes works; most time doesn't. Usually it takes seriously about 5 force closes of the app and even 2 or more power cycles on the player, then the app might pick it up. Please add support to start gapless player via the browse function since doing it with the remote feature is tedious.
The app recognized a USB drive (Sandisk Extreme 900) plugged into a rear port on my OPPO UDP-205, but then as it tried to scan the drive, the app crashed. I tried again with the drive plugged into the front port, and it worked fine. I tried it again in a rear port, and now it has no problem. So I’m revising my review to 5 stars, since the app does everything I want it to with great graphics, and the app/UDP-205 combo responds instantly to screen taps.
- OPPO Digital, Inc.
- 35.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2017 OPPO Digital, Inc. All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.