Optimum WiFi Hotspot Finder
By CSC Holdings, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Optimum customers can locate any of the Optimum WiFi Hotspot or Cable WiFi partner hotspots whether or not their iOS device is connected to the internet. The App enables users to carry out quick searches for hotspots. Results are presented in map or list view. Users will be able to get directions to the closest Optimum WiFi hotpot from their current location. Subscribers can save a list of favorite locations, reference a history of locations and access help.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
· Modifications of screenshot graphics displayed in App Store – presenting enhanced detail of the complete user experience.
· Brand new tabbed design
· Realtime search history & place results
· Frequently searched places are pre-selected
· View locations in Google Street View (Google Maps Required)
· View nearby locations grouped by type
· See realtime travel times on details view
· Travel times account for current traffic conditions
· Significantly improved map pin clustering speed
· Results list looks nicer when your location is unknown
· Details view dynamically hides content on scroll
· The App now speaks French, German, and French Canadian
I got this app thinking I could identify optimum hotspots sign on to them locally & save some data. Whoa- My bad!!! All I get to see is a cute map of all the many hot spots around me but cannot access any of them! I even called an optimum app customer agent for help with this app and spent 20min getting absolutely NO where. He even said to click the cable wi fi logo which I did multiple times with zero success in accessing any of the hot spots!
I also have not been able to log in to any of the optimum partnership hot spots at all so far which I was told should be accessible to me as an optimum online triple play customer!!!
So It's just another case of "Water, water -every where- and not a drop to drink!"
Don't waste precious data space on your phone with this app! What's the point if you can't use it to sign on for the Wi Fi access at the spots located ??? If some one tells me how and I can do it easily I repost a much better app review after that!
I have been using this app since it came out several years ago, for both work and personal business, and it has been priceless! It has saved tons of data charges.
Have yet to be able to access any hotspot. They show up but won't let me sign on. I wouldn't give even one star but on can't go any further if I don't put at least one.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 08, 2015
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: CSC Holdings, Inc.
- © CSC Holdings 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.