By CSC Holdings, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Optimum customers can watch live TV on their iPhone/iTouch from any room in their home. Each of these devices can also be used to playback On Demand rentals or as a TV remote control. iPhone and iPod also make it easy as ever to search, browse and record TV shows on DVR.
Live TV and On Demand
• Watch all of your channels Live
• Quickly access ‘What’s On Now’
• Use the in-app keypad to tune directly to the channel you want
• Browse Movies On Demand, Free On Demand, and Subscription On Demand categories
• Get a list of more titles like the one you have highlighted
• Rate a title or series which helps make our recommendations for you even more accurate
• Get recommendations of programs that are geared towards you
• Rate programs and movies to further feed recommendations
• Filter the On Demand menus to show free titles, only titles that are available to you as part of your premium subscriptions or ‘Last Chance’ titles that are only available for a limited time.
• Watch Free On Demand and Subscription On Demand programs
• Watch other On Demand content from your Active Rentals
• Add titles to your cart for viewing on any of your devices or digital cable boxes
• Full parental control capability to control viewing of content on the app
• Use your device as a remote control and control your digital cable boxes.
• Schedule recordings
• View your scheduled and recorded lists
• Delete recordings
• Supports Multi-Room DVR
• Search by keyword, title, cast, subject or category
• Ability to filter results on ‘What’s On Now’, TV, On Demand, DVR or Multi-Room DVR
• Browse TV listings for your area
• Highlight a program and see other times the program might be on
• Get a list of more titles like the one you have highlighted
• Go up to 2 hours in the past to schedule DVR recordings or find On Demand content for the highlighted network
• Mark your favorite channels
• Filter TV listings to show just your favorite channels, channels you’re subscribed to, or channels available for streaming on your device
Optimum WiFi Auto Registration
• Optional feature that allows customers to register their mobile devices for automatic sign-in to any of our Optimum Wi-Fi hotspots
*** Live TV, On Demand, DVR and Multi-Room DVR access is only available to Optimum TV customers.
*** Live TV channels, On Demand, DVR and Multi-Room DVR us are restricted by the user’s existing video subscription service.
*** Parental controls work the same as on a digital cable box and must be set specifically within the app in order to block programming.
*** Closed captioning is available – see “Settings” within the app.
*** Pay-Per-View, digital music, and interactive channels are not available in the app at this time.
• Management of DVR or Multi-Room DVR currently requires subscription to Optimum and an Optimum authorized modem
• Please visit http://www.optimum.net/Terms/OptimumApp to review the full terms of service
• iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 5.0 or above
• Optimum-provided modem
• Wireless home network with a secure router (Wireless B or above)
What's New in Version 4.5.2
•Minor bug fix
Why can't we give ZERO stars?
I've written several reviews and rereading them now nothing I've written (over a year's worth) has been fixed! And now? I can't record off the app! For months I have been getting "your request could not be completed try again momentarily"...WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING AN APP IF WE CANT USE IT?!
Listen to your users and DO SOMETHING!!
The ONLY reason I use this app at all is because half of my remote's buttons stopped working. Can't get to the office to get a new one so I'm stuck. This app is so unreliable it's more than frustrating. What may make it even worse? When I've contacted their customer service about it, they always ask for my acct number before they ask what's wrong. Why. Why do you need my account number to fix an app that (looking at the reviews) everyone is having trouble with? My acct has nothing to do with your app not even opening! Or your app telling me that "this function isn't working now, try again later!" When I finally got someone to listen to me after 3 months of complaints, the answer I got?? "Well if you go onto your laptop and use the website, you can take care of your programming needs." Really?! Why bother having the app then?! If I'm not near my computer a lot then how is this help? Why bother having an app if you are just going to tell people to not use it and use the computer? Unfortunately for me it's a necessary evil because I need the remote feature. But even then, that only works when the app actually opens!
optimum should be doing better for their customer instead of pulling this scam on its customer. With all the money we are paying for cable, and now hoping to be able to see one tv peograms to go, when one logged into optimum to watch their news or whatever from the menu why am I am being told that I am now being taken from optimum into the app for the news or fox or whatever their network is which means now I have to down their app and then subscribe to their network. Cable your company needs to fix this. I am paying cable not Fox News or Bronx x news or whatever other network or station. This should be stopped by the FCC and not be allowed by these other stations. Then they want a person to allow notifications and alerts etc which I say no. Why should the other station first of all have my password on their server. Go back to the way you first had cable it was better. Then when one is watching shows you have 20 min of commercials and paying cable like $200 bills. Get it together optimum this is horrible
Optimum wifi? A trillion hotspots correct? I can't connect or even run the app while connected to the companies wifi how is that ??? Can't run the app while connected, when I do connect to the wifi at hotspots it's slower than a good crap, not to mention it falls in and out of service (wifi) when I have my wifi on... only time I can get the app to work is from my home on my own wifi... OPTIMUM IF YOUR READING, YOU NEED TI SCRAP YOUR WHOLE WIFI PROGRAM, APP AND SERVICE AND START OVER!!!!! complete waste of space on my phone.. didn't have this issue with your competitors.. I'm switching back .. I can't even select 0 stars , cause it doesn't even deserve 1 star.. ZERO STARS , negative stars if I had the option
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 01, 2016
- Version: 4.5.2
- Size: 41.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CSC Holdings, Inc.
- © 2010 CSC Holdings, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.