By Peter Kramer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OptionPosition+ Version 3.9
OptionPosition+ is a financial analysis App that estimates the value of a set of shares and put and call options for a particular stock. It allows the investor to explore various option hedging positions and create a portfolio that is sensitive to price and volatility fluctuations or that provides protection for various concerns. OptionPosition+ graphically illustrates the value of put protection, covered calls, call spreads, time spreads, delta neutral skew trades, iron condors, etc.. Examples of the use of OptionPosition to explore and display various hedging and speculative strategies are located at our website: www.OptionPosition.com.
OptionPosition+ comes with an initial one month subscription period that provides access to data on all stocks listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ. After this one month subscription period you may purchase an ongoing subscription through an In-App Purchase. If you do not maintain a subscription you can only access stock and option data for AAPL.
• 20 minute delayed stock and option prices for all available strike dates and strike prices
• remembers 30 different portfolios each with 6 assets:
..........puts, calls, shares or child portfolios
..........long, short any quantity
..........all listed strike dates
..........all listed strike prices
..........child portfolios have correlated price
..........e-mail to anyone
• Black-Scholes equation used to determine implied volatility and future value of put and call options
• graphically displays Gain/Loss, Delta, Vega, Theta or Gamma as a function of stock price:
..........now (see black lines below)
..........at any future date up to the earliest strike date (see red lines below)
..........at assumed higher or lower volatilities (see green lines below)
..........with a changing price correlation to child portfolios included as an item/hedge
• graphically displays the probability of future stock prices and the probability of future option portfolio Gains/Losses based on current put/call straddle prices
• scales on the graph are continuously adjustable with one and two finger moves – easily zoom in or out
• tap on the graph to show the X,Y value at a point and the value of the curves at that X value
• diagnostics table shows all Greeks and lets you easily create a Delta neutral portfolio
• annualized Euro-dollar 3 month rate used for risk free interest rate
• incorporates predicted dividend payments into the Black-Scholes calculations without making a ‘fixed dividend rate’ error in Delta
For an explanation of these option positions, and more, see our website www.OptionPosition.com. Screen shots shown below (for both iPhone and iPad):
1) Gain/Loss graph for an Iron Condor in AAPL
2) Assets (iPad includes Diagnostics) for the Iron Condor in AAPL
3) Vega graph for the Iron Condor in AAPL (for iPhone5 - BBRY)
4) Probability of the value of the Gain/Loss for the Iron Condor in AAPL
5) Gain/Loss for a Put Protection in SPY
What's New in Version 3.9.2
Bug fix causing crashes reported by users.
Portfolios can now have other, full child portfolios included as individual items in a parent portfolio. Therefore a portfolio of shares, puts and calls of one underlying stock can be hedged (long or short) with shares, puts and calls of different underlying stocks. It also allows one portfolio to have up to 36 different puts and calls. The price of the underlying stock in a child portfolio is assumed correlated with the price of the underlying stock in the parent and the price correlation factor can be adjusted from -1.0 to +2.0.
All stocks and Indexes work fine
Has all stocks and most indexes (everything except CBOE). Real time pricing! Great app for valuing options and seeing how the value will change with time and price/volatility changes. It explains complex sets of options - like the Iron Condor - dynamically as you advance the date towards the exercise date. The app is lightning fast - no other app can handle that many calculations so quickly. Well worth the subscription price - and the first month is free!
Great tool but bugs are festering
I used to give this app five stars, but after years of unaddressed bugs despite paying monthly fees, I am ready to demote my rating.
Commonly, my TNA strikes are never downloaded. Unless I am near ATM and the current month, the app ignores my position. Further, a new bug recently has emerged where the time decay is improperly calculated at the top of the graph screen.
Both of these bugs have been reported numerous times over the years. My rating will go up once they are fixed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: May 05, 2016
- Version: 3.9.2
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter Kramer
- © 2011 - 2016 Kramer&Kramer Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- subscription for 3 months to access all NYSE and NASDAQ stocks$5.99
- subscription for 1 month to access all NYSE and NASDAQ stocks$2.99
- subscription for 2 months to access all NYSE and NASDAQ stocks$4.99