OptoDrum is an easy to use replacement for a bulky optokinetic drum or a fraying cloth tape to elicit optokinetic nystagmus for evaluation of neurological, otological, and opthalmological disorders. Simply place the iPhone with a moving pattern in front of a patient’s eye to elicit the response. The stripe pattern, width, and speed are easily adjustable.
• OptoDrum provides five patterns: black stripes, red stripes, mixed colors, symbols, and animals.
• Drag a finger up or down the screen to make the pattern move at the speed of your finger.
• Double tap the moving pattern to make it stop.
• Pinch or zoom the pattern with two fingers to narrow or widen the pattern.
• A left or right finger swipe switches a stopped pattern to the next one in rotation.
iOS9 compatibility bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job
It's a little tricky but with enough pinching, tapping the top where the icon bar appears, and sliding down on the screen you can change settings. Direction is changed by catching the movement to a stop and dragging slowly in reverse. It works better with young pediatrics than traditional methods of kinetic assessment and therapy, so worth $5!
Doesn't work as described
My first use of the darned thing and it won't stop on double tap as directed. It will change directions but not stop. Five bucks for a crap app. How about .99? At least I won't feel ripped off for buying an app that doesn't work from the start. Not to mention that it's just rolling bars! Haven't found color options yet, so that may not work either. Don't buy.
Cannot change icons or freeze movement once started in current version ! I regret updating !
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.