By Harald Schlangmann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VideoPro takes action video to a whole new level by seamlessly integrating and displaying data right on a user’s video. Know how fast you are going, know how hard you are cornering, and show everyone your lap times with this all in one app.
Designed for the Optrix HD iPhone mount by the creators of Harry’s Lap Timer Pro, Optrix VideoPro displays your speed, g-force, lap time, and track-map right on your video. Before VideoPro, recording and displaying this type of data required expensive external equipment and complex integrations, but with VideoPro you can record and add race telemetry with the touch of a button.
- G-force Graph
- Speed (mph/kph)
- Lap Times
- Focus Lock
- Resolution Adjustment
- Straightaway Speed
- Corner Speed
- Optional Engine data (requires compatible OBD dongle)
Please note, the app is currently localized English and German. More languages will follow.
For more information or to purchase the Optrix HD case (necessary to properly mount your iPhone) please visit www.optrixhd.com
What's New in Version 16.7
- Video handling has changed, stop and start video recording instantly
- Localizations to English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- User Interface polished (a lot)
- Export function for Google Earth (.KML) and a versatile .CSV format added
- Full iPhone5 and iOS6 support
- Customizable font for User Interface and Video Overlay
- Update to latest recording engine (lots of improvements and fixes behind the scenes)
- Fixed issue with lost videos from incoming calls
- For those having a compatible OBD II sensor connected, VideoPro adds engine data overlays
- Improved page change swipe action
Ok, data overlay should be automatic
This app is just ok. Honestly, the data overlay should happen as you are recording. I think they choose to do it afterwards so that they can lay the track in the video, however the overlay time takes forever and seems to double the size of the file. I would like the option to choose the overlays I want to see and then choose to have it fine before or after recording. For 9.99 this should be an available feature. Other apps offer data overlay while recording, for free.
I love this app!
The app works really well for me. I use it with the Optrix XD case while I am mountain biking or anything else that I want to record my laps and locations. I haven’t had any problems with it at all and the overlay is really cool.
Not worth it for the average user.
In defense of this program, it is set up to use the ODBII Port in your car. Maybe then it would justify the $10 price tag. For regular non cable users, it has a lot of issues.
Read all the reviews before purchasing.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Nov 12, 2012
- Version: 16.7
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Harald Schlangmann
- © Harald Schlangmann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.