Oracle Virtual Desktop Client
By Oracle America, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Oracle Virtual Desktop Client for iPad is an ideal application for highly mobile and secure access to your virtual Windows, Oracle Linux, and Oracle Solaris desktops and applications, including Oracle’s suite of industry-leading applications.
WORK VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE
Gain higher productivity and flexibility to work virtually anywhere, anytime, with access to all your server-hosted desktops and applications from your iPad.
HIGHLY SECURE ACCESS
Access your desktop and applications with confidence that no sensitive data is stored on the iPad but kept secure and centralized in the safety of the datacenter.
BROADEST CHOICE OF PLATFORMS
Oracle Virtual Desktop Client offers you the broadest choice and greatest flexibility of accessing desktops and applications running on various platforms including Windows, Oracle Linux or Oracle Solaris.
Oracle’s Appliance Link Protocol delivers performance and a superior multimedia playback experience, even over low bandwidth and high latency WAN environments, without the additional costs and administration of WAN accelerators or branch repeaters.
MOBILE ACCESS TO APPLICATIONS
Secure and easy access to Oracle’s industry leading applications along with your Microsoft Windows and native iPad applications, all while on the go.
BACKED BY ORACLE’S WORLD CLASS SUPPORT
Supported with Sun Ray Software and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and backed by Oracle’s unmatched world class support for the industry’s most complete and integrated desktop virtualization stack.
Optimized iPad User Interface
- Simple, intuitive, and accurate gestures and navigation
- Rich keyboard support (including Ctrl, Alt, Esc, Insert, Delete, Tab, Home, End, Function, paging, and cursor keys) enables enhanced user interactions with your applications
- International on-screen keyboard support
- Fast and responsive interface
- Clipboard for copy and paste of text between iPad and virtual desktop
Enhanced Multimedia Experience
- Smooth multimedia playback experience on Oracle Desktop Virtualization hosted applications, including Adobe Flash Player and Windows Media Player
- Bidirectional audio enables clear two-way communication
- Optimized multimedia delivery to the local client provides enhanced network utilization and scalability
- Secure remote access using your existing VPN software
- Leverages the ultra secure Appliance Link Protocol (ALP) with Sun Ray Software or Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Increase productivity with the ability to instantly switch between virtual and native applications
Flexible and Hassle-free Configuration
- Simple UI configuration and connection server settings
- Auto-discovery of available Sun Ray Software and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure servers
Fast and Easy Connectivity
- Click-and-go connectivity to configured and available desktops and applications
Client: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 6.x (iPad 2 and newer), iOS 5.1 (iPad 1).
Server: Sun Ray Software 5.1 or higher or Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.2.2 or higher.
License: Use of Oracle Virtual Desktop Client requires a valid Sun Ray Software or Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure license.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Simplified configuration and connection user interface.
New 3 finger gestures include: dragging down to display the Sun Ray Windows connector toolbar; dragging upwards to invoke the on-screen keyboard; and dragging from the left to right side of the screen to display the side bar for quick disconnection, help, and gesture reference.
Supports new screen resolutions compatible with high resolution iPad displays.
Clipboard for copy and paste of text between the iPad and virtual desktop.
Dynamic session resizing when the iPad is rotated from landscape to portrait mode, and vice versa
I can't take this anymore!
Every time I hit an button the app always crashes and I can't take it anymore so if you fix this bug I won't delete the app and report it to Apple, if you don't fix this bug, I will delete the app and report it to Apple.
Don't west your time
I started by looking at the help.
A lot or reading but for nothing. They could just make it simple and not westing our time in reading all of that for a product that does not work
No longer works
Crashes on launch. No update and ios8 has been out for months now. Fix it or remove it from the store.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 30, 2013
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oracle America, Inc.
- © Copyright 2011, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.