Orai - Improve Your Speech Content and Delivery
By Oratio LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Orai helps you become a better speaker. Be empowered to speak with confidence when on stage, in front of a room, or in everyday life.
Voted 7th Hottest Startup in Philadelphia - realLIST 2017 by Technical.ly
"Orai gives me real time step-by-step feedback and insights on my speech patterns and behaviors. It is available to me on the go 24/7 which I think makes it immensely powerful and it's impact on my life quite profound!"
- Facebook Employee, Dublin
Studies show that people are more afraid of public speaking than death. In fact, about 75% of people in the world admit that they are afraid of public speaking. At Orai, we aim to give you the confidence to deliver high-impact, entertaining speeches and presentations.
▶ RECORD a practice speech using Orai, and receive instant insights on:
- the number of filler words used such as: um, like, you know, etc, and learn how to reduce them,
- the pace of your speech, and get advice on how to speed it up or slow it down,
- your energy level, and gain feedback on how to improve it.
Additionally, gain a transcript of your speech AND share your results with friends and colleagues so you can show them your progress.
▶ STAY MOTIVATED with our preset prompts designed to guide you through the ultimate speech improvement process from Day 1 to Day 30 - and get awarded for completing challenges along the way.
▶ TECHNICALLY we make all this happen by exploring nuances and patterns in your real-time speech delivery, using cutting-edge deep-learning technologies to provide you the instant speech insights and voice analytics. But that’s all just fluff words for saying we use robots to do the hard work.
▶ STAY IN TOUCH by visiting our site oraiapp.com, on Facebook facebook.com/oraiapp or by emailing email@example.com.
Orai. Be the best speaker you can be.
What's New in Version 1.2
• Introducing the ability to track your progress with the prompts. Completed prompts will be highlighted to let you know which ones are done, and which ones are still left to do.
• Faster results processing.
• Bug fixes and improvements.
• Fixed issues with greyed out record button
Good but needs some extra work
Great concept. I hope the developers read this: (edit: they read this actually and then responded to me, but Im still waiting for an update that addresses this issue)
- I want to practice sentences very frequently and every time I have to type a name (at least 3 letters) to go to the next page and see the results. THIS IS FRUSTRATING. Please autosave and/or auto-name the files, with the option for renaming it later on if the user really wants to.
- please have a "clear all" button so the user can delete all (hundreds of) recordings at once. Even sound recorder app would allow that, and the purpose of this app is not to create a permanent recorded playlist.
- one in 7-8 recordings, the app goes into freeze, specially if I type a 3-letter random name and quickly hit the save button. Again, no need to this "save as" feature.
Been looking for an app like this for awhile. As the other reviews suggest, the user should be able to save the recording AFTER seeing the results. The pop up message forcing to save is very annoying because if the results are not satisfactory, the user may want to repeat and improve their recording rather than saving it.
I plan on doing a Ted talk in the next 3 months!