“Orbit is like Instagram for selling my things in my city/campus”
Orbit is a social and local marketplace. Set an “Orbit" of 0.1- 50 miles to buy and sell things with people near you. Make listings within seconds in your personal Store and start selling. Get rid of things you no longer need and make quick cash. Every user has a unique @username, give this out to your friends so they can stay up to date with your posts. For buyers, you will find everything from furniture to clothes. The best part about having these local deals is you can see the item in person before you pay for it. No shipping/returns hassles!
What's in Your Orbit?
- Take a photo and start selling items in your personal Store
-Sell furniture, clothes, books all in one place
-Use up to 5 photos & hashtags that best describe your listing
- College students hashtag your university in your posts so your classmates can see your posts
-Give out your unique Orbit @username to friends so they can find your store & follow you
-Build a five star rating with every transaction to become the most popular seller in your area
-Keep track of people interested in your listings, by look looking through your Followers and Likes
-Browse through Orbit to find anything from a video games to great deals on clothes
-Discover local boutiques in your area
-Search for listings by keywords, #hashtags or a specific @user
-Chat with sellers to set up a convenient meeting place and check out the item in person
-Select sellers based off their user generated star ratings.
-Stay up to date with listings by your friends & favorite stores on Orbit in the Discover Feed
-Discover cool, random items being sold near you in the Discover tab of Discover Feed
-Filter your search results by distance, price & user rating of the seller
-Set up a Store with a custom name to build and extend your brand
-Keep track of your local customer reach by looking through your Followers
-Scheduled Listings - Make a listing today and decide a future date that it can go live to buyers
-Make an unlimited* amount of listings on your Store
-Take advantage of our 3 month free trial for Businesses
-Add items you don't find in your price range near you
- Wishlist notifies you when they become available in your price range
- Following tab- view posts from people you follow on Orbit
-Discover tab- Discover random items being sold around you
- Reduction in file size
- Reduction in initial load time
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The app splash screen impressed me due to its simple UI. But thereafter, the app doesn't work fine. If found multiple lag issue and force close issues with this app. While the basic idea is good, the implementation has failed this app.
Seems to need a lot of work
Not sure how this app was rated as a top app for 2016. Couldn't get past the profile set up. Found glitch after glitch until a gave up. Hopefully they fix soon, I like the idea behind the app.
Doesn't take a profile picture to set up a seller profile. Awful!
- Amaan Udhas
- 43.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Orbit Marketplace Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.