Orbitz Flights, Hotels, Cars
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DOWNLOAD AND SAVE! Save an extra $25 on select hotels on your first app booking when you use promo code DOWNLOAD25. Just book by 6/30/16 and travel by 9/30/16 for 2 nights or longer. *See full terms at: http://www.orbitz.com/mobile.
+ App Store Hall of Fame inductee (iPhone)
+ App Store Editors' Choice selection (iPhone)
+ "Best Travel App" -- 2014 APPY Awards
Orbitz is the #1 way to book travel on your mobile device. Designed for iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, and iPod touch, the Orbitz app lets you quickly and easily search and book flights, hotels, and rental cars without leaving the app. Plus, join Orbitz Rewards and start earning Orbucks on your flight and hotel bookings that you can instantly redeem on hotels in the app – app bookers earn 5% on hotels and 1% on flights and flight+hotel packages! You can also access and share current trips and flight status, find last-minute hotel rooms nearby, and get exclusive app-only deals off our best hotels! Orbitz offers a simple, secure booking process, a Best Price Guarantee, and 24x7 customer support.
UNRIVALED SPEED & EASE OF USE
• Search and book flights, hotels, rental cars without leaving the app. Plus, iPhone users: Save up to $775* by booking a flight+hotel vacation package on the app
• 1-tap access to recent searches from app homescreen
• Auto-suggest options when entering city/airport names, points of interest, addresses
• Powerful sort and filter capabilities
• Single-screen booking process that pre-fills info when you sign in
GREAT DEALS, EVEN AT THE LAST-MINUTE
• Ability to book last-minute, including a convenient "nearby tonight" option for hotels
• New app-only deals all the time: Exclusive savings off our best hotels!
FABULOUS REWARDS PROGRAM
• Join Orbitz Rewards and start earning Orbucks on flight and hotel bookings that you can instantly redeem on hotels in the app. App bookers earn 5% on hotels and 1% on flights and flight+hotel packages!
USEFUL HOTEL INFORMATION
• See hotels plotted on a map, including a full-screen landscape view on iPhone and a split list/map view on iPad
• Comprehensive reviews from travelers
CONVENIENT TRAVEL TOOLS
• View itineraries 24x7 and trip info on the app home screen during your trip and when you're getting ready to depart
• Add trips to the Calendar app or share via email
• Info on flight delays and gate changes that you can share via Mail, Message, or private Facebook notifications
• Directions to your hotel
A TRUSTED NAME
• Secure booking process
• 24x7 customer service
• Best Price Guarantee – Orbitz customers who find their same prepaid hotel room, flight, or car for a lower price online may receive rewards equal to price difference + bonus of up to $200 to be used on a future hotel booking
• No Orbitz fees on hotel cancellations or changes
* Save $775 when booking flight+hotel together: Savings based on Flight + Hotel vacation package bookings of 5 or more nights with individual calculable components on www.orbitz.com from October 1, 2014 through March 31, 2015, as compared to price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates, and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.
What's New in Version 5.4
* Now you can book up to 4 hotel rooms at once on the app, plus mix-and-match room types. Need a standard room + suite instead of just 2 standard rooms? No problem!
* Enjoying iOS 9? Now you can use Spotlight Search to quickly get back into a hotel search you’ve previously done on the app. And for you iPhone 6s and 6s Plus users, now you can use 3D Touch to access the app’s new Home screen quick actions to find a hotel near you, access your itinerary, or check flight status.
iPhone + iPad:
* In addition to highlighting our amazing MOBILE-only hotel deals, we now highlight our equally amazing MEMBERS-only hotel deals on the app. Make sure you're signed-in to access all our best deals!
Love to use this and love the points
For years I have used Expedia and Travelocity, though I was constantly frustrated with the Bait and Switch tactics on airplane fares. I thought this was just a fact of life with online booking, until I started having problems with the other sites hanging, and also crazy prices with one-way fares, which I've been having to book more frequently with my multiple college student offspring not knowing future term beginning and final schedules. I tried Orbitz and have never looked back. I've never again had the experience of choosing an airfare only to be told when I get to the payment screen that that fare is no longer available and that I would now have to pay $200 more!
The hotel information is good, mostly accurate, and I often pay very little as I can use points accumulated from airfares. I like the My Trips on the app to quickly check all my current and future bookings. I do wish that that would pick up the names I assign the bookings. It was also hard to input the frequent traveler information of all the family members I book for. Now that it is in, it works well. One should be able to change one's access name. The first trip I booked was for my son and I've 'been' him ever since.
The promotions on hotels are a bit too frequent,for my taste, but they have worked about half of the time, for whatever I happen to be booking anyway.
I'm a fan. They've earned my business. I book about 30 trips/year.
Decent. It works. Could use tech upgrade.
UPDATE: The app is good. For what it is but lately I've found the prices significantly cheaper by booking directly through AA or Delta Airlines. I'm not sure what is going on but it hasn't been my go-to app for travel in a long time. Today I booked a car reservation following a flight reservation on Sunday. I realized that the app does not remember my information and continuously asks me to log in. Every other app that I use allows me to log right in because it remembers me or uses my biometric information that is stored on the phone. I've been forced to update my password about four times this year because it keeps forgetting my log-in information. Also, it's taking so much time to log in that I sometimes lose the rate that I intended to purchase. Overall good app but there is certainly room for improvement.
Fast, simple & effective!
I travel for 4 months a year and the Orbitz app is a huge bonus!
The Orbitz app is always helping my travels go smoothly. It's very simple to use, it has great rates and excellent deals and I wouldn't think of leaving home without it. I recommend applying for an Orbitz credit card so you can earn more points when booking. I use my Orbitz rewards credit card with every booking and I earn even more Orbitz bucks for every stay, which saves me hundreds of dollars in return each year. I also recommend booking at least 5 days in advance to get the best rates.
Thanks Orbitz for creating such a user friendly app, It's been a pleasure traveling with you and I look forward to many more trips together!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 12, 2015
- Version: 5.4
- Size: 54.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Orbitz Worldwide, LLC
- © 2014 Orbitz, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.