Orca Scan is a Barcode Scanning app that was designed to make it as easy as possible to track assets and inventory using just your mobile phone, removing the need for expensive barcode scanners.
It's fully configurable, simply add and remove fields to capture the data you need. Every field you add becomes a column in the exported Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV file.
▸ How It Works
1) Scan any barcode QR, UPC etc
2) Add details such as quantity, description, time, GPS location
3) Add custom fields to capture additional data
4) Share scanned data in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV, JSON
Here are just a few of the ways people are using Orca Scan:
▸ Inventory Tracking
* Manually add items
* Add custom fields
* Continuously scan barcodes in batch mode (no need to tap)
* Automatically detect and merge duplicates
* Auto increase/decrease quantities on scan
* Export as Excel, CSV, XML or JSON file
* Send as an email attachment
▸ Asset Tracking
* Track asset locations with GPS fields
* Create your own fields to track price, conditions, custody etc
* Automatically timestamp when assets are inspected or transferred
* Share assets in a sorted spreadsheet
▸ Attendance Tracking
* Capture all the major ID barcodes like QR or Code 39
* Use continuous/batch scan mode to check-in people in seconds
* Use front facing camera for self-check in and self-registration
* Share or print attendance sheet in a nicely structured spreadsheet
- GPS Location
- Number (auto increase on scan)
- Number (auto decrease on scan)
- Date Time
- QR Code
- Data Matrix
- Universal Product Codes (UPC) E & A
- European Article Number (EAN) 8 and 13
- Code 39, Code 93 & Code 128
- Interleaved Two of Five (ITF)
Questions, comments, or suggestions? We'd love to hear from you email@example.com
Resolved auto date time bug
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome and perfect
Never rated an app before but this one saved the day when I had to inventory a bunch of boxes with barcodes. It scans super fast and allows you to add a description to each barcode scanned. It has duplicate detection (auto removes duplicates) and even can use your phone's light from within the app to help in scanning in darker places. You san send to email, which for me worked fine, of course you need email setup on your device already. I found it annoying to have to hit a button after each scan to skip the description prompt but it turns out you can deactivate that in the options (same place you turn on the light and vibration after scan) highly recommend! Thanks!
Excellent for batch data collection
I’ve spent countless hours searching for a simple data collection application and this app fits the bill. So well thought out and easy to use. It’s so hard to find something simple. Everything today seems to be geared toward Windows Mobile connecting directly to a database. We already have an inventory application for a large warehouse and only need something to collect an internal SKU, Quantity and date stamp in batch mode. THANK YOU.
Good Scan App | Needs a tweak
The app scans barcodes quickly. However, the excel format it stores the numerical data 15 digits. After 15, then zeros are substituted for the remaining digits of the barcode. Instead of storing as general in the CSV file, the barcodes should be stored in the text format. This is a big deal, since there are a lot of numerical barcodes that exceed 15 digits.
In addition, the barcodes cannot be stored if you wish to scan another set of barcodes for a different project. The only way to save your work is email and combine later.
Hope this helps.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Thank you for the feedback! All the issue you raised were resolved in the recent update :)
- Cambridge App Lab Limited
- 25.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cambridge App Lab Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.