By Andrew Nicolle
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Orchid Album makes keeping track of your orchids easy. Track development of your plants throughout their lives, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch!
Whether you're new to orchids, or an experienced collector, Orchid Album is the ideal tool for organizing your plants, watering schedules, and notes.
Please note that Orchid Album does not come preloaded with any photos, nor does it include any plant care information and so forth. It only tracks information and displays photos you’ve added yourself.
Here's what you can do with Orchid Album:
- Record details about your plants, including botanical name, hybrid names, flowering details, fragrance, dimensions, and watering needs.
- Select from over 500 botanical names (with over 100 genera), or add new names.
- Track watering schedules for multiple plants, with local notifications.
- Track flowering, fertilizing, and other events for every plant in dated log entries.
- Create and edit log entry reminders linked to your calendar.
- Add and rearrange multiple photos per plant and log entry.
- Add text captions for each photo.
- Scroll through photos in a full-screen gallery view, or in thumbnail form.
- View your collection in table form, or by image.
- View the log history for each plant, sorted by date.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Protect your data with a passcode lock.
- Database backup, restore, import and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Orchid Album ODBI-format support.
- Supports iTunes file-sharing to transfer the database between device and computer.
- CSV format support to import / export your Orchid Album database to and from desktop spreadsheet applications.
- Orchid Report export feature. View your collection on your computer’s web browser. Great for keeping track of your collection for inventory or insurance purposes.
- iPad support at no extra charge!
Please visit http://andrewnicolle.com/all_apps/orchidalbum for more information about Orchid Album, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Orchid Album with other fans.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Bug fixes.
Using daily to manage Orchids
I use this app daily as I water and fertilize my plants. I'm also placing events in the log so I can tell more about growth, flowering, and rest periods. I started tracking a few weeks ago so I'll know more as the year progresses. I'm new to orchid culture so I'm feeling more in control!
So far, So Good!
Just got this app a few days ago, but so far it's working well for me. I like the way I can add notes about each orchid and how it's growing--or not.
They do offer the app for Macs too. If I keep finding this to be helpful, I'll spring for the Mac app.
Wish I'd used this 300 Orchids ago!
WOW. I have been using a notebook and flowchart for monitoring my Orchid collection for the last 7 years. A fellow Orchid grower recommended this app and I've been busy trying to move all my info into it. Time intensive but will be worth it when done.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 01, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Andrew Nicolle
- © 2014-2017 Andrew Nicolle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.