Notepad: Organized Notes & Simple Markdown Editor
By React Apps Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Notepad: Organized Notes is very flexible way to organize notes, thoughts ideas, tasks, errands or anything you want to capture using tags
We specialize in providing you with the most intuitive and easiest way to access your notes when you need it
- Easy to read big fonts with simple and clean interface
- Group notes into notebooks using tags
- Sync notes across iPhone, iPad and Mac using iCloud
- Organize important notes and notebooks by reordering
- Full text search across all notes or within a notebook
- Secure / Lock your notes using password
- Convert any note to a todo task
- Copy or Share notes with ease
- Use Markdown including images, links and code with syntax highlighting
- Add reminders to any note or todo task
- As not all notes or thoughts are hierarchical in nature, we allow you to put same note into multiple notebooks
Examples of how you can use this app
1. List of tasks, errands (plan a trip, prepare for conference talk or create a groceries list)
2. Daily journal, your next book
3. Build an organized knowledge base of all your ideas
4. Plan your next big renovation
5 Bookmark or add a link to webpage within notes
What's New in Version 1.5.1
Add more inline help
Notepad is simple but not simplistic
Notepad appears to be an excellent way to organize and retrieve the unorganized bits of information, ideas, insights, and data that everyone collects every day. It accomplishes this by working with user created tags. It's easy to create one or many tags for each note. The user can then search by one or more tags to drill down to exactly what is being looked for. This approach is so much easier, faster, and simpler than having to create a tree of folders to put notes in. The problem with organization trees is that the user has to predict the structure of the organization Tree first, then enter the data. Tags allow for a more self-organized, emergent approach. Try it. I think you will like it.
The reason that I didn't award 5 stars is because of the awful interface The selected colors, white and turquoise make it very difficult to read and they make your eyes tired. There appears to be no way to customize the interface and have a dark background with lighter text. If the developer allows the user to customize the interface colors I will add the fifth star.
Good work this is a potentially very useful program.
Ability to add Reminders to Notes
Love this app for its ability to add reminders to notes. I have used SimpleNote for a long time but miss this feature. What would be nice though is the ability to edit one’s notes via a web interface similar to SimpleNote. Add that in via a Browser extension and the ability to store it in a cloud of one’s choice and this could be a serious competitor. For additional features refer to another note taking app, Cintanotes, on the PC platform.
Updated on 12/31:
Having difficulty inserting images. Nothing shows up. Get message syncing. Turned of iCloud. Still have same issue. Look forward to an update to resolve these issues.
Exactly What I Needed!
An organized system of notes using personalized tags making it easier to find just what I'm looking for! However, there is a bug I found: it loads very slowly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 31, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: React Apps Pty Ltd
- © 2016 React Apps Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.