The Original Tale of Peter Rabbit™
By Penguin Group USA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only authorized Peter Rabbit™ app featuring stunning animation, 3-D scenes, sound effects, narration and great games.
* The original and authorized edition of The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter published by Frederick Warne & Co.
* Narrated by Rosemary Leach with specially composed music by Carl Davis
* Animated action and rich sound effects throughout the story
* Parallax scenes provide a 3-D view of Peter Rabbit’s world and feature fun hidden extras
* Four entertaining and educational games and coloring activities
* Appeals to all ages
Published in 1902, 250 million copies of The Tale of Peter Rabbit have been sold worldwide making Beatrix Potter’s timeless story one of the most famous children’s books of all time. More than a hundred years after it was first published, this classic tale of a mischievous rabbit stealing vegetables from Mr. McGregor’s garden has been digitally reimagined by publishers Frederick Warne & Co for the iPad, iTouch and iPhone. Featuring the original text and illustrations, the pages are beautifully enhanced with pictures that come to life, realistic sound effects and a ‘read to me’ option.
In addition to the tale itself, this app opens up Peter Rabbit’s world for users to explore with 3-D scenes of his burrow, Mr. McGregor’s toolshed, the vegetable garden and the wood. Each scene features a game and a hidden extra (such as letters from Peter Rabbit to Mr. McGregor enquiring after his cabbages!)
Great games and activities:
• Three matching games, perfect for all ages – choose from Colors, Numbers and Baby Animals.
• The Hide Peter game pits our naughty rabbit against Mr. McGregor – only the fastest fingers can save our hapless hero!
• Test your reactions in the Hungry Bunny game by helping Peter Rabbit catch juicy vegetables but avoid fish and old boots.
• Choose from 6 classic scenes from The Tale of Peter Rabbit to color or complete using magic coloring.
Re-review, it DOES work!
After giving it another go or two, I was able to get it to work. The key is that it loads slowly and you don't have any way of knowing when it's finished. Then when it's finished, you have no clear instructions for getting it to start. Just slapping the screen around, I discovered a simple left swipe is what gets it going.
Would have been helpful to have something alerting me to both of these issues. But my apologies for the first bad review. It's a delightful app and I'm sure any kid could have figured it out faster than I. Thanks for an enjoyable little modern take on this charming book by Beatrix Potter.
I just purchased this for my son who loves Peter Rabbit. The app simply does not work. I get to the title screen and that's it. The music plays through and we are left with the title screen image. I would like to either have someone help fix this or I would like my money back. You just made a three-year-old child cry out of disappointment. You should be ashamed!
I have bought some bad apps before and they were never so bad that I felt compelled to write a review...BUT this one doesn't work at all! It just freezes up on the title page. It has never worked so we don't even know what it would be like beyond the first page. I want my $4.99 back!!!
- Category: Books
- Released: Nov 24, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 216 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pearson PLC
- © 2011 by Penguin Group (USA)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).