Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Orlando Sentinel's exclusive, in-depth local reporting on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Orlando's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy a sampling of free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Orlando Sentinel website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to orlandosentinel.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 407-513-4055.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We release regular updates to clean up bugs and optimize your reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s hard to express just how rude and horrible Orlando Sentinel customer support is. Install the app, have an account issue, and try to call them, and you will experience it for yourself.
I signed up for a digital subscription, received my confirmation subscription email, and then tried to login. Couldn’t. Couldn’t create account because they thought it already existed. Couldn’t reset the password because they didn’t think the account existed under the same address their system said already existed.
After several calls of people who wanted to talk over me without actually listening so they could close the ticket and not actually address the issue, I ended up canceling my subscription. Never again. One of the worst authentication setups and customer support organizations I have ever had to deal with.
Typically Bad Tribune/Tronc
Tribune and Tronc apps are almost universally bad, but this has to be the worst of the worst. It is full of bugs, takes forever to open and then freezes repeatedly. Almost as bad is the fact that the Sentinel is terrible at updating it. The lead story could be at the top for 36 hours, regardless of what is going on. Newer stories are sprinkled haphazardly throughout the page with no rhyme or reason. Looking for the "latest" news is useless. And big stories that are in the print edition or the digital print edition are hard to find, if they're in the app at all. I keep hoping Tronc will be taken over by another media company, just so this tragic app would be replaced.
Spinning Pinwheel of Death
About three weeks ago, the app stopped working. The initial screen with the list of articles appears, but once you select an article, you get a blank screen with a spinning pinwheel of death. The article never appears. Eventually the app crashes. I’ve deleted and re-download the app numerous times. But, it did not resolve the problem. I’m using on an iPhone X. I see on the App Store that the app was updated about three weeks ago. So, I’m hoping a future update resolved the above issue. Until then, I have pinwheels to look at.
- Tribune Company
- 105.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016 Orlando Sentinel
- In-App Purchases
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.