Be prepared for disaster. The Orleans Aware app is an all-hazards overview of disaster information to help you prepare, plan and respond to disaster in your area.
Using the Orleans Aware app, you will be able to:
• Share your status with your selected contacts with the push of a button.
• Receive critical emergency alerts via push notification.
• Locate Orleans County’s hurricane shelters.
• Display up-to-date evacuation route maps.
• Get the latest news and weather for the Orleans County NY area.
• Create a personalized Emergency Preparedness Plan by answering five basic questions.
Once Your Plan is generated, it is stored on your smartphone and can easily be shared with family members and friends. Your Plan comprises:
• An Emergency Supply Kit Checklist tailored to your needs.
• A Customized Emergency Food Supply Shopping List.
• An Emergency Communications Plan to notify your loved ones of your status
• Critical information to prepare your home for impending disaster.
Learn about the various emergency situations that Orleans County residents are most likely to face in six integrated eGuides:
• Pandemic Flu
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- The application uses the background mode to keep track of your most recent location, so the county can advise you of any conditions that affect your immediate vicinity.
Instead of offering to download the optional reading material on every launch, it now does this only when trying to open the eGuides.
- QuickSeries Publishing
- 111.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © QuickSeries Publishing Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.