## Featured by Apple as "Band in your Hand" and 'Explore your creativity' ##
Orphion is a musical instrument with a unique sound between string instrument and percussion. Everyone can play expressive, wonderful sounds and easy or virtuosic melodies on it just by moving fingers on virtual pads.
This video shows you more: https://vimeo.com/35131490
What can I do with it?
• Express the sounds you feel
• Play polyphonic music very expressively
• Crazy drumming
• Dream and relax
• Create soundscapes and melodies without musical knowledge
• Visually explore music and music theory
• Different articulations from soft to plucked to hardly slapped
• Natural interaction
• Extend your ways of expression as a percussionist, guitarist, pianist or other musician
• 15 transposable pad layouts with different tonalities from easy to complex
• 8 individual voices for 8 fingers
• MIDI support: Play your favorite synth with the revolutionary Orphion interface
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio from Orphion directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps
• Orphion Editor (availible as upgrade): Create and share your own custom pad layouts. Download new pad layouts from Orphion Universe
What others say about Orphion:
"We love this instrument! So cool. Great for Deep House, IDM, Ambient, and whatever!" - iPadloops
"A simple but profoundly beautiful and expressive music app" - Evolutionaryarts.org
"Orphion is very customizable and flexible — truly functioning as a full-fledged electronic instrument" - Harrison Weber, The next web
Follow on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Orphion
Ratings and Reviews
iPad 10,5” is a no go
Lovely instrument, very expressive the way it handles touch gestures when playing. Unfortunately, even after the iOS 11 update, this app isn’t working properly on the newer 10,5” iPads as large parts of the playing areas are outside the screen.
No longer being supported, do not buy
This app doesn’t work in iOS11 and the link to support no longer works. It looks like this app is not being supported any more. When I try to use the app the orientation is stuck and I can’t access the menu or the editing feature, which was in in app purchase. Was one of my favorite apps, totally useless now.
I'm sorry for this problem. There is an update in the App Store now that fixes this issue. You might need to reload the pad layouts by pressing and holding one of the four favorite buttons and select one from the list.
Shame On Apple
If the story is correct, Apple told this developer that he has to dumb down the technology in this app, after they approved his app about (7) or so times!? That is just asinine. This app is a truly wonderful music instrument because of its ability to express dynamics and pitch bending techniques. This developer has really pushed ahead and made something unique that I didn't know the iPad could even do. Why Apple, would you punish that? Apps like this are the reason that I bought an iPad for my music making. Punishing developers who help sell your product by offering something unique is not good business, and not advancing what your product is capable of. Apple, at the least, I think you should grandfather clause the capabilities of this app as you've already approved it as is. But, I REALLY think you should reconsider your decisions and tactics if you want to remain #1 in a few years. I have no affiliation, but I am a consumer who is looking for the best products/instruments. Dumbing down the iPad is illogical. I think you're giving away an unnecessary opening for companies like Samsung and Google.
- Sebastian Trump
- 28.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Sebastian Trump
- In-App Purchases
- Orphion Editor $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.