## Featured by Apple as "Band in your Hand" and 'Explore your creativity' ##
Orphion is a musical instrument with a unique sound between string instrument and percussion. Everyone can play expressive, wonderful sounds and easy or virtuosic melodies on it just by moving fingers on virtual pads.
This video shows you more: https://vimeo.com/35131490
What can I do with it?
• Express the sounds you feel
• Play polyphonic music very expressively
• Crazy drumming
• Dream and relax
• Create soundscapes and melodies without musical knowledge
• Visually explore music and music theory
• Different articulations from soft to plucked to hardly slapped
• Natural interaction
• Extend your ways of expression as a percussionist, guitarist, pianist or other musician
• 15 transposable pad layouts with different tonalities from easy to complex
• 8 individual voices for 8 fingers
• MIDI support: Play your favorite synth with the revolutionary Orphion interface
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio from Orphion directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps
• Orphion Editor (availible as upgrade): Create and share your own custom pad layouts. Download new pad layouts from Orphion Universe
What others say about Orphion:
"We love this instrument! So cool. Great for Deep House, IDM, Ambient, and whatever!" - iPadloops
"A simple but profoundly beautiful and expressive music app" - Evolutionaryarts.org
"Orphion is very customizable and flexible — truly functioning as a full-fledged electronic instrument" - Harrison Weber, The next web
Follow on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Orphion
Ratings and Reviews
A true original musical instrument and experience!
I have been a fan of Orphion since it’s arrival. A number of years ago, I was interested in running my iPad through the volume pedal and into an amplifier, so I could create volume swells. At the time there was no mono option, Which made this technique that is promising. I reached out to the developer, and asked about a feature he promptly responded. Said it was a good idea. And then, life happens, and things fall to the side. FlashForward, last week, after years of working with an iPad 3, I got a new pro.I remember this app, download it, and much to my surprise and glee, was a mono option. Bravo!
Simple and quite unique in character. Very musical! This is why I love iPad so much. Because of apps like this, the versatility of an iPad really shine! Half the time I just playing the thing, Thanks.
Only bad thing so far is the the thing stops playing audio once I close my iPad and has to be restarted even though I have sleep disabled? A minor thing though but should be fixed.
iPad 10,5” is a no go
Lovely instrument, very expressive the way it handles touch gestures when playing. Unfortunately, even after the iOS 11 update, this app isn’t working properly on the newer 10,5” iPads as large parts of the playing areas are outside the screen.
- Sebastian Trump
- 28.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Sebastian Trump
- In-App Purchases
- Orphion Editor $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.