The Orthodox Study Bible presents the Bible of the early church and the church of the early Bible. This first-of-its-kind study Bible is presented with commentary from the ancient Christian perspective that speaks to those Christians who seek a deeper experience of the roots of their faith.
- Old Testament newly translated from the Greek text of the Septuagint, including the Deuterocanon ("St. Athanasius Academy Septuagint")
- New Testament from the New King James Version
- Commentary drawn from the early Church Christians
- Book Introductions and Outlines
SPECIAL TO THE OSB APP:
- Daily Epistle & Gospel per the Greek Archdiocese readings
- Morning & Evening prayers with appropriate day's Psalm inserted
- Share selected verses via Messages, Mail, Facebook, Twitter & more
- Highlight verses
- Easily copy verses (with reference) to clipboard
- Create bookmarks and organize using tags
- Search for one or more words, assisted by word completion and search history
- View history (up to 100 of your last readings) for easy back-and-forth navigation between books
- Convenient and smooth side-scroll for previous/next chapter navigation
- Reading Plans
Go to our product web site @ http://vdub.software for more details.
- Fixed so we now return to correct place in chapter when returning to app or selecting item in history
- Fixed navigation via Contents screen (e.g. Morning Prayers)
- Improved verse number placement in Psalms
Ratings and Reviews
Five reasons that I love this app.
Great app that allows me to have my Orthodox Study Bible with me wherever I go. It is packed with features but here are my favorites:
—Navigating to certain books and passages is quick and easy and I can access all the study notes for that page with a tap.
—There is a separate area for daily reading plans that remembers my last stopping place. There are lots of reading plans to choose from.
—The Psalm reading in the daily prayers updates automatically to the current days Psalm; no scrolling through the previous 6 days of Psalm readings to get to the Saturday Psalm.
—All of the topical articles that are in the printed book are available here, accessed in the text as they appear in the print edition or listed in a drop down menu.
—I use this app on an iPad and it has always worked perfectly, and works offline as well.
The only thing I miss over my hardcover Bible is the beautiful images of icons on color plates. There are no images in the app.
Doesn’t support newer iPhone screens
This app hasn’t been updated in a long while, and consequently does not support the newer iPhone X and XS screen sizes properly. This reduces the visible screen space a bit, making things a bit tougher to read. Otherwise an excellent app.
Such a beautiful Bible app. I wish it would read it to you too. Maybe in your next update that could be done. Love the commentary of the Fathers and the layout of the app. Highly recommend
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.