OS X Server
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed for OS X and iOS devices, OS X Server makes it easy to share files, schedule meetings, synchronize contacts, develop software, host your own website, publish wikis, configure Mac, iPhone, and iPad devices, remotely access your network, and more.
OS X Server is an application you can add to OS X Yosemite right from the Mac App Store. Anyone can quickly and easily turn a Mac running OS X Yosemite into a server that’s perfect for home offices, businesses, schools, developers, and hobbyists alike.
Here’s what you’ll get with OS X Server:
• File sharing for Mac, PC, and iPad
• Standards-based SMB3, SMB2, AFP, and WebDAV file services
• Flexible file permissions
• Spotlight searching
• Mobile device management for Mac and iOS devices
• Simplified management and deployment of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite
• Distribution of institution licensed apps and books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program
• Device Enrollment Program integration
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock, and remote wipe
• Speed up the download of software distributed by Apple
• Locally cache apps, books, iTunes U, software updates, and OS X Recovery images
• Fault-tolerant design with multiserver cache replication and load balancing
• No client configuration required
• Use Xcode 6 to create continuous integration bots that build, analyze, and test on any Mac running OS X Server
• Configure bots to integrate at a specific time, or continually as code is committed to the repository
• Automate testing of OS X and iOS apps, executing on multiple connected iOS devices
• Host your own Git repositories on OS X Server or connect to remote Git or Subversion hosts
• Remotely access detailed integration summaries and nightly builds using the Web interface
• Provide a backup destination for Mac computers on your network
• Monitor which computers have backed up, when they last backed up, and size of backup
• Set limits on the amount of Time Machine storage a user can use
• Share calendars, schedule meetings and events, and book conference rooms
• Standards-based CalDAV server for access from Mac, iPad, iPhone, and PC
• View availability with free/busy lookups
• Email invitations and push notifications
• Synchronize contacts with Mac, iPad, and iPhone
• Allow multiple users to access and update contacts
• Standards-based CardDAV server
• Point-and-click page edit to change formatting and insert images, movies, and attachments
• Access controls
• Tags and comments
• Revision history
• Document sharing
• Quick Look previews
• Standards-based SMTP, IMAP, and POP server
• Push notifications
• SSL encryption
• Adaptive junk mail filtering
• Virus detection and quarantine
Virtual Private Network
• Remote access for your network services
• Encrypted VPN connections for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and PC
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, stripping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more
Other OS X Server features
• NetInstall to automate OS X installations and upgrades across your network
• Web server for hosting multiple websites
• Messages server to encrypt instant messaging within your organization
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Updated for OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.
• Profile Manager support for new features, Mobile Device Management commands, and payloads introduced in iOS 8.3.
• Caching Server configuration option to output DNS TXT records in Windows format.
• Messages service improvements for group access.
• Enhancements for Profile Manager device searching.
• User and Group accounts can now be exported to a file.
• Improved reliability of Time Machine backups and restores.
• Fixed an issue that could cause Server to stall when updating Profile Manager and Wiki services.
Installed flawlessly wtih all services the first time
Installation problem must have been fixed. I installed the update the first time with all services running in less than a couple of minutes on my mac mini. If you liked server before you will probably like this.
I have had no problems with this server at all. All of the services work perfectly, the only one I have had trouble with is Netinstall, becaus it only works on Wired Ethernet (I know, I’m stupid for not using Ethernet) but it works as advertised.
No documentation support
I went to the support link provided from this app store page and no tech specs or manuals etc for this product. Great support items for OS X 10.5 and 6. What’s going on? I’m having trouble with SUPER slow connections for my users. I’m willing to say its a config issue on my part but cant reference anything!
Guess I’ll waste Apple’s time and call.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 08, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 198 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.3 or later