Osfoora 2 for Twitter
By Said M. Marouf
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Osfoora 2.0 is here and it's greater than ever.
Osfoora is a feature-rich Twitter client that's fast, elegant,
and fully designed for iOS7. Enjoy browsing your timeline, mentions, and messages with Osfoora's minimal,
yet sophisticated interface.
• Fully redesigned for iOS7.
• Streaming support when on WiFi.
• Background Refresh. Fetches your tweets while Osfoora is inactive.
• Local Notifications.
• Send links via SMS within Osfoora.
• Gap detection in timeline and mentions.
• Bookmarking with Safari Reading List, Pocket, and Instapaper.
• Mobilizer support via Google, Instapaper, and Readability.
• Native retweet, and Retweet with Comment.
• Sync your timeline between different clients with Tweet marker.
• Inline image previews.
• Multiple Drafts support. Acess drafts via long pressing the compose button.
• Tweet what you're listening to (Music.app only), or choose from your library.
• Upload photos to Twitter, img.ly, Mobypicture, TwitPic, and CloudApp.
• Upload Videos to Mobypicture, TwitPic, and CloudApp.
• Add location to your tweets.
• Mute users and hashtags.
• Multiple account support.
• Pull to Refresh.
• Open links in Safari or Chrome.
• Conversation view. Shows replies too.
• Threaded direct messages.
• Various avatar styles: circle, rounded corners, and square.
• View users on Favstar.
I hope you enjoy Osfoora :)
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This version fixes a few bugs including:
- Fixes incorrect badge numbers for local notifications
- Fixes issue where tweet text gets clipped
- Better reply all functionality.
- Muting hashtags is no longer case sensitive
This version also includes some changes to enhance the experience on future versions of iOS.
Things to look forward to in coming updates:
- Light theme
- Fast account switching
- and more....
Good start but needs more work
I like the app but it's missing some key features for me:
1. No Pinboard support
2. No Droplr support
3. Push Notifications (that's huge)
Things I'd like to see in the future that all twitter apps should have by now:
1. Gesture to move cursor while typing.
2. Ability to have 2 read later services a once.
3. WYSIWYG keyboard: it seems that you can only @ ppl in your timeline which is nonsensical.
4. Local notifications are much slower than push.
5. I'd like notifications for RTs, favs & follows
I like the app but it needs some work.
The only thing keeping me from giving this 5-stars are if they implemented things like: favorites, retweets & follows in the notifications and possibly an option for a light theme as well as the default dark. Otherwise this is my go-to app!
Not there yet
Gosh, it's like they have already dropped support for this app. No updates and no word from them on twitter. I really has hopes for this app.
1. Need to be able to make a list the main view
2. Ability to tweet from the list view
3. Ability to edit/add to lists and create lists
4. Granular muting options
5. Push notification
Apart from these missing features, it's a rock solid twitter app. Even looks better designed than Tweetbot.