Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OsmAnd Maps is a map application with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data can be stored on your device's memory card for offline use. All the main functionalities work both online and offline (no internet needed).
Some of the main features:
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Unlimited download, directly from the app
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional speed and altitude display
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe,from Australia to the USA. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, ...
We offer 4 auto-renewing subscription options named OsmAnd Live for getting all features + hourly map updates in the app:
$1.99 / month
$3.99 / 3 month
$3.99 / 1 year
$7.99 / 1 year
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Account will be charged for subscription renewal at the price of the chosen package within 24-hours before the current period ends.
You can manage subscription and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
If you purchase a subscription during a free trial period, the unused portion of this period will be forfeited.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact us at email@example.com
• We are pleased to introduce a new feature:
Now with version 2.50 in OsmAnd, if you have a subscription, you have access to all downloads and plugins + daily map updates. There are three subscription periods - a month, three months and a year.
• Bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
This is probably one of the better ways to interact with open street maps data. The live mode (subscription) is really cool if you’re a mapper and want to see your updates, usable, nearly instantly compared to other apps.
Figuring out which route to take when getting directions can sometimes feel instant, and sometimes take about 20 seconds, but it’s all being done on your device, so that’s pretty neat.
Like most reviews indicate, the biggest things this app has going against it is it’s UX. Menus are confusing initially and they don’t follow most practices you’re used too. The zoom also seems to lag a bit when using pinch to zoom (otherwise the speed of scrolling is great).
What is this
OsmAnd maps was recommended by various blogs for use in Beijing as Google Maps is blocked in China. I downloaded the app and paid for a map of Beijing but I can’t find the map in the app! Can only see the option to open it when I un-install and re-install again, but even then I can’t find a single thing using the Place search. I’m not just talking a regular address, searching freaking TIANANMEN SQUARE returns zero results. Very frustrated and annoyed, waste of money and time :(
This might be a great app functionally but the poor user interface makes it hard to tell. It keeps telling me it’s recording a trip even when I try to stop, the red recording icon never goes away. These are simple basic UI tasks that have been around forever. App deleted.
- OsmAND B.V.
- 226.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OsmAnd B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Wikipedia Free
- Contour lines $2.99
- North America $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.