Ever wish you could learn by Osmosis? Now you can! Osmosis is a new app for medical students, designed by medical students, that sends you practice questions and resources so you can learn more and forget less. Using proven learning science techniques like spaced repetition and testing effects to help you break out of the cram-forget cycles, Osmosis is designed to make knowledge literally diffuse into your brain.
With Osmosis, you can:
• Save Valuable Time - Organize all your resources in Osmosis and stay on track with our Step 1 study scheduling tool
• Boost Your Scores - Master USMLE concepts with 10,000+ multiple choice questions and 17,000+ flashcards
• Enjoy Exclusive Prime Content - Access members-only Osmosis videos and quickly grasp the most difficult topics
• Maximize Productivity Anywhere - Power through bite-sized quizzes and review your study materials from your phone with the Osmosis mobile app
• Crowdsource Your Learning - Collaborate with friends in a shared workspace with custom notes, flashcards & questions
• Simplified navigation and streamlined design updated based on user feedback
• A full video library you can watch on-the-go
• Hundreds of flashcards and board-style questions you can queue up on your phone and access offline later
• Improved search functioning so you can explore medical topics on a more granular level
• A fully-customizable daily repetition schedule that draws from material you studied yesterday or even up to 2 months ago
• Go head-to-head on “Osmose with your Friends” and see who really knows their stuff
Osmosis has been covered in Fast Company, TEDMED, Medscape, The Healthcare Blog and more, and has won awards from the Institute for Excellence in Education, PhD Innovation Initiative, and DreamIt Ventures.
Here's what a few of our users had to say:
“I have the Osmosis app downloaded on all my devices and use the flashcards/questions when I can't be in front of my computer. I've been able to significantly reduce the amount of study time I put in while still maintaining great scores, particularly in Anatomy.”
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
“The pop-up notifications from the app are amazing as they keep me engaged with the course content, which leads to even more retention with less effort! Other study resources have been more tedious for me to work with, but with Osmosis I can actually finish studying on time!”
University of Cape Town
In-App Purchase Information
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable
– User interface design
– Full Osmosis video library
– Downloadable flashcards and questions
Ratings and Reviews
I'm a medical student from KSA, and I really benefited from this app. I've only started using it towards the end of last semester, so this is not my final review. Osmosis became my favorite place to start studying and get the general idea before going to my school notes and books for the details. Also a very positive thing is that the developers actually put time and effort to read feedbacks from users and use them to make the app better. Which leads me to my biggest concern, I don't think the app is getting the credit it deserves. Will that affect the effort and care put into this? Cuz a thing like this needs update, follow up, and improvement due to the fact that this is a medical based app and the knowledge never ends. I hope they keep it up and continue improving.
So helpful for healthcare professionals studying!
Get this app, you will not be disappointed!!
Great and helpful!
An amazing idea with a fairly good app...please add a search option for videos so I would give it five stars :D
- Knowledge Diffusion, Inc.
- 8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Knowledge Diffusion, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- High-yield Flashcards $4.99
- Prime Videos $9.99
- Board-style Questions $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.