Other Edition for iPhone
By Other Edition
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In a field of somewhat subdued September issues, V Magazine’s seasonal statement is one of the few that stands out with the razzle-dazzle that even those who are only mildly interested in fashion crave at this time of year. It’s only fitting: V Magazine has devoted its September issue to its hometown of New York. And, NYC, as we all know, was already the capital of glitz when certain other US cities that shall remain nameless were mere rural outposts.
The experience starts with the two covers. Shot by Mario Testino in an amusing take on the glamour within, they feature Lady Gaga with Marc Jacobs and Marina Abramovic with Tyson Ballou. Dan Colen and Aaron Young provide the artistic renditions of the signature ‘V’. World-renowned art, celebrity, music, fashion and photography; the best that NYC offers today, are all encapsulated into these two powerful images.
Inside, the star-spangled magic continues, right from the beautiful credits sequence incorporating a witty fashion shoot of amazing shoes, through to the last word on this season’s hot accessories. The issue is one that genuinely gives a 360 degree image of the city without ever lulling into being formulaic. Top superstar talent, uptown power women and the creative kids of the art and music scenes that keep the city’s creative blood oxygenated all get a turn and are all presented in fresh and inspired ways. In fact, inspiration oozes from this issue and, sadly, there’s not nearly enough space here to go into the details that would do it justice. In the arena of fashion alone, just two amazing examples include supermodel Natasha Poly shot by the maestro of Mexican psychedelic surrealism, Alejandro Jodorowsky and Karl Lagerfeld’s re-enactment of a moment of fashion history with Baptiste Giabiconi, Javier de Miguel and Lara Stone cast as Juan Ramos, Antonio Lopez and Jerry Hall, respectively. This is the September issue as something that pulses with the uplifting feel-good confidence of Odyssey’s 1977 classic ‘Native New Yorker’.
Single Issue Purchase
Buy Single Issue of a magazine for $ 3.99.
Other Edition for iPhone
• Price and duration of subscriptions:
1 Month: $9.99 (US), £6.99 (UK)
For whole catalog
12 Months: $25.99 / $27.99 / $ 16.99
For each magazine
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and cost of renewal is set at prices above
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
What's New in Version 2.2
In App Purchase.
IOS 5 compatible.
Misleading app image
I thought this was for national geographic.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 05, 2012
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Other Edition Limited
- © 2010 Other Edition Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full View$9.99
- V Man$10.99
- Interview Magazine$27.99
- The Asian Issue$3.99
- Issue 51 $3.99
- Dazed & Confused - Rooney Mara + 2012 Survival Guide$2.99
- Metal Magazine$13.99
- The Coming of Age Issue$3.99
- Tom Ford Issue$3.99
- Alexander Skarsgard Issue$3.99