Enjoy the best-selling audiobooks from all your favorite authors. Whether you're into thrillers and mysteries, romances, fantastic worlds or just love learning about something or someone new, we've got you covered. Turn any every day task into the experience it should be.
With more than 50,000 audiobooks from all the best-selling authors from over 30 categories - you can choose what's right for you at all times.
DISCOVER BOOKS WITH PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS
We have expert editors creating curated collections of amazing books to help you navigate through our extensive library of audiobooks.
Enjoy our entire library of the best-selling audiobooks
No more book credits
Discover new books with curated collections
Create your own library
Complete control over narration speed
What we're listening to:
- IT by Stephen King
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
- Origin by Dan Brown
- Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff
- The Book of Joy by The Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
and so many more...
Some of our top categories:
- Mystery & thrillers
- True crime
- Science fiction
- Personal growth
- Children's books
and so much more...
With hibooks you never have to worry about book credits again. Just join and start listening to your favorite books.
Terms of our subscription:
Your hibooks membership will automatically renew within a 24-hour period of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. You may cancel at any time.
- Hibooks membership is $9.99 USD per month for access to over 50,000 premium audio books.
Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Terms & Conditions: https://www.hibooks.com/terms
Welcome to hibooks! We listened to your feedback and turned the page - putting audiobooks front and center. In addition to our fresh look, users can now enjoy:
- daily editor-curated collections
- more control over playback speed
- an upgraded player
- improved usability and book discovery
Get ready for the next chapter...
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Upgrades To Compete
I jumped at the chance to listen to more books for less. I have audible and could easily listen to 3-4 books a month, so this seemed like a good choice. Unfortunately, it’s lacking some key features which make Audible so great. For one, they should add the ability to bookmark your location. I often use the sleep timer and it’s frustrating to have to try and find your place again the next morning. Also, the playback is not very smooth even when I have all of the chapters of a book downloaded. For example, in the most recent book I listened to, each “chapter” was short, and was only a part of each book chapter, so every few minutes I’d have to wait a bit while the music played before the next track would start playing. I’d also have to agree with other reviews which say the selection is not up to par with Audible. I don’t mind that I wouldn’t have the downloads forever like with Audible, but do mind that the selection is limited. Overall, it’s an ok app, but without improvements I’ll probably switch back over to Audible.
Hey there Maddie! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate the insight from your suggestions for features. We are currently working on improving our player, and the bookmark feature. Let us know if you have any further suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to connect! Also, our library is always growing, so stay on the lookout for new content!
Good; poor search & browsing
The application offers a lot for $9.99/month. However, I fear it's suffers from a serious lack of discoverability. Searching by author Returns in complete results. For example, search for "Stephen King" and you only see a fraction of the books that are actually available on the service written by Stephen King. Also, browsing by category only shows a handful of books for each category. Supposedly these are "for you" selections in each of these categories. However there appears to be no way to browse the entire catalog.
Another discoverability issue is related to the lack of any type of user ratings of content. If you want to know how good a book is before you start it you'll have to go to another site like Audible or Good Reads.
- There is no playback sync between.
- There is no history of what you have and have not listened to. You can add things to your "library" but it does not show that a book is finished once you've listen to a book.
- Every book is broken up by chapter. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that each chapter puts a gap with a small musical interlude while the file loads. This can be rather jarring in books with short chapters.
- Attempting to airplay an audiobook to my fourth generation Apple TV results in each file skipping to the next repeatedly until the end of the audiobook. This is definitely a bug in this application as no other application on my phone has this problem. Fix it.
Hi there! Thank you for all of this valuable feedback. We are constantly trying to improve and we will take all of this into consideration as we continue to move forward. If you have further recommendations, please do email us at email@example.com :)
Fresh Face, Needs Space
The layout is nice I like how it’s been streamlined for quicker viewing and the curated books will help me find some authors I might not have otherwise found. I was excited about the updates to the interface and it was looking good. But still has a few things that will be helpful to improve from the now playing screen. The trouble is that if something goes awry with your book and it skips a chapter, it appears you’d have to go back to the library to find the list of chapters. I tried clicking on the chapter but it didn’t do anything. This was bothersome and very inconvenient it wasn’t until I accidentally scrolled down that I found it. You can remove from your library by selecting the check in the top corner but it’s close to where you’d minimize the now playing screen. Again, inconvenient.
Yet with a few more tweaks and this very well could be the best audiobook app in the AppStore.
- Otto Radio, Inc.
- 65.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Otto Radio, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Hibooks - the best audiobooks $9.99
- Hibooks - the best audiobooks $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.