By Brandon Proulx
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Version 1.2 now available - you can now access the Scene Sharing features and download new scenes from within the game!
** Thanks to everyone who has been uploading their custom scenes, there are over 6,000 scenes available for download!
Ouch! is an open-ended game about flinging a customizable "rag doll" character through a variety of scenes featuring a huge array of objects, with realistic physics and sounds. For each scene, you are given a "score" based on how much damage the character has taken. The controls are simple: tilt the device to slightly alter gravity, guiding the character into objects -- swipe a finger on the screen to "nudge" the character -- or touch on-screen interactive props such as pinball flippers, cannons, rockets, cars, and more to cause even more damage!
Lite Version Features:
* Amazing Ragdoll physics
* 5 scenes to try out, plus 3 special scenes created by Ouch! players
* Download player-created scenes right from within the game (Lite version is limited to storing only 1 downloaded scene at a time)
* 10 built-in game replays showing gameplay from the full version.
* Full replay system - watch playback in forward, reverse, slow motion, fast motion and any speed in-between with the intuitive "playback spinner"
* Unique "High Impact Tour" of the full version.
* Detailed how-to-play instructions
The Full Game Features:
* Over 40 pre-built scenes to play
* Over 60 props and objects to interact with (crash into, hit, drop, shoot, etc)
* Create your own characters with customizable outfits, hats and hairstyles, and faces
* Put your friends (or your enemies, or your own!) face on a character by importing pictures from your photo library, or by taking pictures directly with the iPhone camera - complete with multiple facial expressions! Watch your brother/friend/enemy grimace in pain when he gets hit in the head with a falling anvil! (when creating a custom face for a character, you will need 3 images-- one for each expression: normal, happy, and ouch!). If you don't have 3 images, you can use the same image multiple times.
* Complete level editor included - design your own scenes from right within the game. In fact, every scene included with the game was created with the same built-in editor!
* Resume Edit feature - if you get a phone call, or have to exit the app while editing a scene, you can resume from where you left off the next time you launch the game.
* An iPhone / iPod Touch first! -- Use the innovative "export to image" feature to export your custom scenes and characters to a standard JPG file, which you can email to your friends -- they can import that image into their game, and play your custom scenes, or use your custom characters for themselves! Sharing content is easy!
* High Score tracking - the top score for each scene is recorded and kept - even for all of your custom scenes that you create, or import.
* reglarly updated with new content and features!
What's New in Version 1.2
* scene download feature added.
* bug fixes.
To all the guys saying they don't get this game, what's to get? Just fling the guy around and try to get as many points as possible. And if those morons keep rating this 1 star, no one will see this. I had to go down 5 screens to find this. If no one see's this lite version, no one will get the full version, thus the lite version and the full will be no more.
So stop giving it one star just to joke around and really review this.
Best app. evaaaa!!
I can't get enough of this app.. It's so fun to just throw him and watch him fly and get hit. It's great at passing time and also my favorite app. for road trips. This game will keep you playing for hours on end. I recommend buying the full version, though. It's alot more. So do yourself a favor and download the best app. on Itunes! Go Ouchman!
I love this game - Brings back Memories!
A long time ago, I was introduced to a game of this style. I believe it was called stairs and it was developed (I think) by a college student. I spent many hours playing that game. This game is quite different from that first incarnation and I love where they took the idea. This game is great. It is free so it is at least worth giving it a try!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 03, 2009
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Brandon Proulx
- © 2009 Hondune Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.