The Our Daily Bread devotional is read by millions of people around the world and encourages people to spend time with God every day. Join the Our Daily Bread community in growing closer to Christ. Daily readings are available in many languages, including English, Afrikaans, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Malay, Myanmar, Polish, Russian, Sinhala, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
With the Our Daily Bread app, it’s easy to:
* Download a month of daily readings at a time for offline access.
* Listen as you read with the built-in audio player.
* Set a daily reminder to help you stay in God’s Word.
* Share daily readings with your friends by email and social media.
* Bookmark your favorite daily readings and capture your thoughts in your private journal.
* Discuss daily readings with other Our Daily Bread readers in the public comments.
Addition of Sinhala daily content
Ratings and Reviews
Omit one thing please
Folks at ODB, please remove the feature of your app that insists on informing me I’ve read several days in a row, and pats me on the back then tells me to keep it up. I’m fairly certain this wasn’t there an update or two ago.
Think about it. I open up the ODB app on my phone with the intention of reading, exactly the purpose of the app. Then I see this annoying banner that states the obvious and apparently tries to ‘encourage’ me to do what I was going to do anyway.
It’s not encouraging, it’s annoying and distracting, not to mention very tedious and unnecessary. If y’all want to add additional and useful features to your app I’m down for it, this isn’t one of them.
Old became New
As a child, I would see Our Daily Bread devotionals all over my church in small book form. Every book that I got my hands on was both inspirational and intriguing.
Now that it is in a convenient app that not only inspires you to read your devotional on a daily basis, it also has a new devotional every day that is written by a diverse group of individuals with an assortment of racial backgrounds. From individuals who grew up in Asia to those who grew up here in the Americas, this devotional has a bit for everyone to be inspired and hear the message of God.
There’s just one thing...
I enjoy listening to the daily readings, and appreciate learning how to pronounce certain names in the Bible, but the one downfall is that lately, he’s been starting over, at the beginning, even after I’ve closed out the app after he’s finished. I don’t know if others have had the same problem or not, but I thought you would want to be aware of it. That’s the only thing that is keeping me from giving it 5 stars. I had hoped it would have been resolved with the last upgrade, but perhaps it hadn’t been a problem for other app users.
- RBC Ministries
- 104 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Burmese, Cambodian, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Our Daily Bread Ministries
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.