Our Groceries Shopping List
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
"I can only say one thing about this app, it is awesome." —Fishers Android App Reviews
"I love technology, but I also love simplicity. I've found the best of both in OurGroceries." —The Kitch review
"After more than a year of using OurGroceries, we have been very satisfied." —Anne vs. Home review
"So far OurGroceries from Headcode is my app of choice." —Android Mom review
"It really shines when dealing with multiple family members or roommates that are responsible for splitting up the grocery shopping." —Talk Android review
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches prior shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier.
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit http://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
What's New in Version 2.6.2
The number on the app icon now updates automatically, even if the app is not running. To hide the number, use the iOS Settings app.
A good start, but...
Shopping lists differ from to do lists in that you may have olives, but don't need them for anything. Then at the store you decide "hey, Greek salad! Wonder if I have olives?" The fact that olives are checked as "done" tells you nothing in this case.
A third state is needed, "have," to go along with "need" and "don't have." This could be optional, or could be turned off on a per-list basis.
A web clipper to scrape the recipe you're viewing for ingredients would be another win. Or an open API to allow a recipe site or chrome extension to "export to OurGroceries" even better.
Love the app but problems since the update
My husband and I have used this app for several years and love being able to share the lists. But since this last update, now it regularly just freezes. If I wait a while it unfreezes, but it does take a while. I don't have the latest iOS, but it still says for 6.0 and above (which I do have), so that shouldn't be the issue.
Great sharing capabilities
I share the list with my husband and we can add to the same list at the same time. Or one can check items off while the other adds. We use phones with different OSs but the app never hangs. Great practical!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 2.6.2
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HeadCode
- © 2015 HeadCode
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- OurGroceries Plus (Ad-free)$4.99