Our Groceries Shopping List
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
"I love technology, but I also love simplicity. I've found the best of both in OurGroceries." —The Kitch review
"After more than a year of using OurGroceries, we have been very satisfied." —Anne vs. Home review
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches prior shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier.
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit http://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
What's New in Version 2.8.0
• Long list and item names wrap nicely in lists.
Great Grocery List Manager
I love being able to add new list categories and specific food items. The ads are non intrusive and the list can be shared and family members/friends can add to the list anytime.
The only issue I have is a lack of refresh, no Apple Watch support, and every item needs to be typed in if you want specifics. Whenever a family member adds to the list I have to physically refresh the list to see the updates, it does not do it on its own. A background refresh option "while using the app" would be a welcome addition. An Apple Watch support would be great to notify me if family members added to the list or for quick updates/edits to the list. Finally, I would like to see the ability to scan barcodes to add to the list. It would allow users to get specific items on the list without having to type out the entire name.
Overall, I have tried 3 other apps and this is the best by far. The few shortcomings/wishlist are made up for pure ease, collaboration, customization, and precision this program brings to my grocery shopping needs.
There are many aspects of this app that I truly LOVE -- especially the ability to 'sync' lists across multiple devices! There is, however, one major (imho) thing missing -- scanning!!! Other than the absence of that feature, the app is among the best out there -- it's relatively intuitive, so very easy to use and share/sync. The only other thing I'd like to see is the ability to provide comments/feedback -- rating the app is one thing, but, as a 'consumer', I would've preferred to be able to share some of my comments as 'suggestions' to the developer/s, rather than as rating 'criticisms'. Absent that option (unless I missed it), this was the mechanism available. I do hope the developers will add a scanning feature and a 'feedback' option to this, otherwise, very cool and useful app!
I live with my son and his family. We had a note pad on the refrigerator to list any thing that was needed but we never seem to have the list when we would go to the store or if one person took the list and didn't buy everything listed and they didn't rewrite what wasn't bought we would find ourselves running out of items and then no one would want to go to the store at the last minute. I love this app because all three of us know at all times what is needed. This way we always have stocked selves and no money is wasted from over buying and no one has to rush to the store at the last minute. Who ever thought of this is a genius. Thanks for making our lives easier.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 2.8.0
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HeadCode
- © 2016 HeadCode
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- OurGroceries Plus (Ad-free)$4.99