Our Groceries Shopping List
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
"I love technology, but I also love simplicity. I've found the best of both in OurGroceries." —The Kitch review
"After more than a year of using OurGroceries, we have been very satisfied." —Anne vs. Home review
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches prior shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier.
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit http://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
What's New in Version 2.6.4
• New setting to sort shopping list items alphabetically, regardless of previous drag-and-drop order.
• New setting to lock screen orientation to vertical.
Useful, but could be more family friendly
I really like the fact that you can make multiple lists and set up categories for the item to help organize your shopping trip. The Alexa skill that allows us to tell our Echo what to add to which list is a nice addition. If I realize I am about to use the last of the eggs in the kitchen where the Echo is listening, all I have to do is say "Alexa, ask Our Groceries to add eggs to Wal-Mart".
I knocked off one star for the implementation of the ad-free option as an in app purchase. To share lists with my wife (one of the main reasons I got the app in the first place), we have to both sign in with a "master" email. But since we each have our own Apple IDs and they implemented the "plus" option as an in app purchase, it is not eligible for family sharing. That meant to hide the ads for both of us, I had to buy it twice. I did it because I like the app and I want to support the developers, but it seemed like a deliberate choice to make it more expensive.
Hopefully my contributions will help the developers continue to make improvements to the app
High expectations but not liking
It's ok. It makes a list. Nothing great for grocery shopping. Problems: #1 - if you select to allow notifications, then it will have the number of items listed in your lists as number of notifications. I hate having like 45 on my screen until I go shopping. #2 - it's not easy to figure out categories under each list. You have to turn that feature on and then every time you click to add an item you have to note which category. It should just be drag and move under categories. #3 - you can't put any details easily. If you need 2 gallons of milk, you can't just enter milk and or the number you need. If you need a 20 oz can vs 14 oz can, you can't easily add in size. So if you want 4 cans of tomato sauce, you have to enter it in 4 times. Ugh! #4 - It doesn't coordinate with other recipe apps. (Not necessary hut would be nice). #5 - it would be nice to star items that you have coupons for. #6 - notes would be nice.
Better than Wunderlist
Aside from being able to sync individual shopping lists (vs the whole account) which Wunderlist offers, this is hands down the best shopping list app I've come across. There are a lot of subtle features that make it so. For instance, the simple choice of being able to alphabetize items already checked off your list so they're easily found the next time. This app is a joy to use. I haven't had to ask for any tech support or ask for any features so I don't know yet how responsive the makers would be but I can say that Wunderlist doesn't give much weight to feedback and that's probably why this app leaves them in the dust. This is the best $5 I've spent. Highly recommend this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Feb 26, 2016
- Version: 2.6.4
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HeadCode
- © 2016 HeadCode
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- OurGroceries Plus (Ad-free)$4.99