OurHood is a private online platform for neighbourhoods. Launched in South Africa, OurHood lets neighbours share information and gets them talking. Live in a host of African countries, OurHood is connecting neighbours and strengthening communities.
Use OurHood to share information such as:
- Crime incidents and suspicious activities
- Notices about lost pets, trustworthy nannies and babysitters.
- Tradesmen recommendations
- Local events taking place
- Items for sale or borrow requests
- Ideas for neighbourhood improvement (neighbourhood watch groups)
Conversations are divided into useful categories and notifications can be carefully controlled – so users don’t get bothered about things that don’t matter. Eg. When a Crime Alert is posted, an SMS is sent to every user in the relevant neighbourhood.
OurHood users need to be verified before they can join a neighbourhood, usually by uploading proof of address.
Ratings and Reviews
Copy cat app. Don't download. Steals your private info.
What I love most about this app is the privacy - with no trolls - and I know I am speaking to my real neighbours. Choosing what notifications I want is brilliant! I just want to know about crime and can turn down the noise of the other conversations!
- OURHOOD (PTY) LTD
- 11.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © OurHood (Pty) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.