A standalone podcast player for Apple Watch.
Leave your iPhone at home and browse, download and play podcasts while you're on the go.
* Search for podcasts directly on your Apple Watch
* Download episodes over wi-fi or cellular*
* Play podcasts when you have AirPods or compatible Bluetooth headphones/speaker connected.
* Create a playlist, so the next episode automatically starts playing, even when the Outcast is in the background.
Additionally, you can:
* Browse and manage episodes directly from your iPhone
* Add the complication to your Apple Watch face for real-time progress and full color artwork
* Adjust skip forward/backward duration
* Adjust playback duration
* Export/import your list of podcasts in OPML format
Note: Downloading over cellular when not connected to your iPhone requires cellular Apple Watch and activated data plan.
Thanks for using Outcast! Just two small fixes I this update:
1) Real-time playback progress in complications now works for all playback speeds (previously just 1.0x)
2) Fixes an issue with watchOS 3.1 that causes the app to crash occasionally
Please let us know if you have any feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Listen to podcasts on-the-go from Apple Watch.
Great But Kills My Battery
Updating my previous review. App works so much better now in all respects EXCEPT it kills my battery! I use it about an hour a day on my walk and my watch battery which started above 90% is routinely down to 35-40% by the end of the walk. I have to charge the watch right away or I can’t get through the rest of the day (gotta close those rings!) If The watch could be charged while wearing it wouldn’t be a problem but since I can’t this bothers me. It’s probably more an Apple problem than an Outcast problem but we all know how responsive Apple is to customer concerns! Just be aware when using this app that your battery will drain super fast. Still, it’s a great app.
I was very excited that this app was finally filling the podcast gap in my Gen3 Apple Watch. Exported my podcasts from Overcast and I was good to go. It worked great for a couple of days then locked up. Had to restart the watch to get it to work again. A week later I’m having the same problem. I think this app has great potential and just needs a little tweaking. Maybe when the next update comes out it will be more stable. This is well worth trying, just know you have to work with it. Hoping to give the next update 5 stars.
Leader of the Pack
These developers try really hard to bring a great app that gets around Apple’s limitations imposed on the Watch. Apple stopped the ability to stream music and podcasts thru the watch. They brought back Apple Music, and I have read that Podcasts are coming back in the next major update. Excited to see what Outcast does with that. Hopefully they will be able to use it too, not just Apple Podcasts. The app tries really hard to be the best podcast app and the best Apple Watch app out there.
This latest update allows streaming (Yay!), but really it is buffering and playing once enough is downloaded. Once it starts, you still need to keep the Watch active for the full download, which is still not very practical. It’s OK if you can sit and wait for a pod to download before a run, and the play starting helps with the boredom of waiting for a not so quick download, but who has time to sit around waiting for downloads.
Hoping that the update in Fall 2018 solves this, and I’m sure this developer will be all over it when it does. Apple needs to break the mandatory tethering to iPhone soon like they eventually did with the iPhone to a PC.
- Crunchy Bagel Pty Ltd
- 40.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Crunchy Bagel Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.