A standalone podcast player for Apple Watch.
Leave your iPhone at home and browse, download and play podcasts while you're on the go.
* Search for podcasts directly on your Apple Watch
* Download episodes over wi-fi or cellular*
* Play podcasts when you have AirPods or compatible Bluetooth headphones/speaker connected.
* Create a playlist, so the next episode automatically starts playing, even when the Outcast is in the background.
* View episode chapters (for podcasts that support chapters)
Additionally, you can:
* Browse and manage episodes directly from your iPhone
* Add the complication to your Apple Watch face for real-time progress and full color artwork
* Adjust skip forward/backward duration
* Adjust playback duration
* Export/import your list of podcasts in OPML format
Note: Downloading over cellular when not connected to your iPhone requires cellular Apple Watch and activated data plan.
Question? Email email@example.com
* Fixes an issue that may cause the app to crash on certain episodes
* Adds support for chapters (When playing an episode, tap through to the episode details, and if it support chapters you will see the list of chapters. Tapping a chapter shows more information. Additionally, you can begin playback directly from the beginning of a chapter by tapping its play button.)
* Playback progress is now synched to phone
* Ability to see finished episodes on phone
Ratings and Reviews
Great But Kills My Battery
Updating my previous review. App works so much better now in all respects EXCEPT it kills my battery! I use it about an hour a day on my walk and my watch battery which started above 90% is routinely down to 35-40% by the end of the walk. I have to charge the watch right away or I can’t get through the rest of the day (gotta close those rings!) If The watch could be charged while wearing it wouldn’t be a problem but since I can’t this bothers me. It’s probably more an Apple problem than an Outcast problem but we all know how responsive Apple is to customer concerns! Just be aware when using this app that your battery will drain super fast. Still, it’s a great app.
I was very excited that this app was finally filling the podcast gap in my Gen3 Apple Watch. Exported my podcasts from Overcast and I was good to go. It worked great for a couple of days then locked up. Had to restart the watch to get it to work again. A week later I’m having the same problem. I think this app has great potential and just needs a little tweaking. Maybe when the next update comes out it will be more stable. This is well worth trying, just know you have to work with it. Hoping to give the next update 5 stars.
Leader of the Pack
These developers try really hard to bring a great app that gets around Apple’s limitations imposed on the Watch. Apple stopped the ability to stream music and podcasts thru the watch. They brought back Apple Music, and I have read that Podcasts are coming back in the next major update. Excited to see what Outcast does with that. Hopefully they will be able to use it too, not just Apple Podcasts. The app tries really hard to be the best podcast app and the best Apple Watch app out there.
This latest update allows streaming (Yay!), but really it is buffering and playing once enough is downloaded. Once it starts, you still need to keep the Watch active for the full download, which is still not very practical. It’s OK if you can sit and wait for a pod to download before a run, and the play starting helps with the boredom of waiting for a not so quick download, but who has time to sit around waiting for downloads.
Hoping that the update in Fall 2018 solves this, and I’m sure this developer will be all over it when it does. Apple needs to break the mandatory tethering to iPhone soon like they eventually did with the iPhone to a PC.
Good on Series 3 and Great on Series 4
Everything about this app is great EXCEPT the horrible BATTERY DRAIN. U can see the battery v life going down as the minute goes by. It's insane.
I had this app installed when I had my Applewatch series 3 running watch OS whatever version it was during late 2017 until buying my Series 4 here in October. It was the only podcast app that allowed me to download podcast episodes straight to my watch. It was key. It has its faults but that was Apples restrictions. Now with watch OS5.0 With the series 4, they updated some things making the app much better n easier allowing u to download straight from ur phone app then just unpausing it on ur watch to finish the download. I prefer it to Apples Podcast app n also now seen like I owe them some sort of loyalty for getting me my podcasts back when no other app could on my Applewatch. The best part about the update is the volume and also being able to restart it podcasts from where u were last listening. In the old version, I always wrote down the time I was at n then fast forwarded to the correct spot. Props 2 the app developers.
- Crunchy Bagel Pty Ltd
- 43.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 Crunchy Bagel Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.