The Texas Outdoor Annual conveniently contains hunting, fishing, and boating regulations, all in one app.
Get ready for the hunt:
- Hunting season dates & limits for your county
- Seasons and bag limits for all game animals
- Means and methods restrictions
- Game tagging instructions
- Public hunting lands
- Drawn hunts for mule deer, bighorn and other game
- Latest hunting news from TPWD*
Plan your fishing trip:
- Statewide bag and length limits
- Exceptions to statewide limits by water body
- Places to fish nearby
- Identification of bass and catfish
- Tips for measuring and releasing fish
- Weekly fishing reports*
- Latest fishing news from TPWD*
NEW: Boating regulations and safety now included:
- Required safety equipment
- Titling and registration requirements
- Office locations
- Operating of your boat
Licenses, stamps and permits:
- Licenses, permits & stamps
- License retailers near you
- Purchase licenses online*
*Some features require internet connection.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information in this guide is a SUMMARY of the regulations and statutes governing hunting and fishing. For more detailed information on game and regulations, please contact a TPWD Law Enforcement office or call (800) 792-1112 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday). Information contained in this summary is subject to change by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission, the Texas Legislature, and/or the federal government. The official regulations, current to the day, can be accessed at www.sos.state.tx.us under Title 31 of the Texas Administrative Code. Regulations valid September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019.
- Improvements and adding Firebase for push notification services
Ratings and Reviews
Texas hunting & fishing apt.
For those who write a bad review have no idea as how to use a mobile phone. After reviewing the apt. I was really surprised of the new updates. Loved those about the fishing info! This apt. Has it all and still more. For you fellows out there in never never land, ya better get this apt. Because it’s like a Tech order book. And some of my service buddies know what I am talking about. If something is out of date ya better check the Tech data first to see the the change. This way ya won’t be getting a citation from our friends from the Dept. of law enforcement. Remember, these guys do save lives from time to time. Ya all take care out there in the hunting field and on the lakes. One last thought, leave the alcohol at home for a safe hunting and fishing trip.
I love this app. I have all the regulations at my fingertips. As a fishing guid and hunter this puts the book right in my hands. Customers ask all the time about fishing or hunting regulations and with the Outdoor Annual app I don’t have to hunt for my book. Thanks to all our Game Wardens for your service. Remember to clean and dry your boats.
What takes so long to update the hunting seasons? General season is always the first Saturday of November. Bow season always fluctuates. Kinda hard to plan vacation time when no one knows when bow season starts.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.