Outline - Powerful Notes Synced with a Proper Storage "OneNote edition"
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take notes beyond the limits.
Create and edit anywhere in a note, keep notes in a storage you like best, keep notes organized in the most natural hierarchy ever, and collaborate across devices and platforms. Freedom but clear structure. Power features but focus on note-taking. Beautiful UI. OneNote compatible.
- Find everything a note needs by the hand: text, lists, tables, handwriting, and drawing
- Put that stuff anywhere in a note and then move around / re-size / edit it all, the way you like
- Personalize notebooks with artful covers
- Keep notes structured in a natural hierarchy of pages, sections, and notebooks (and section groups, yes)
- Access a note fast via recents, search, and note links
- Choose where you want to store your notes: Dropbox, iCloud, WebDAV (e.g. OwnCloud), Box, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business / Office 365, or SharePoint
- Consider a no-cloud option too: some notes need offline and cloud-free privacy
- Mind the coming-soon: ,
ONENOTE'S BEST FRIEND
- Import from OneNote, to give those notes a new start beyond OneDrive or SharePoint
- Export to OneNote, just in case
- Go beyond import/export and do a real time collaboration on notes with colleagues who use OneNote (your iPad and their PCs)
Whether it is your meeting minutes, research, document annotations, or ideas, give those a chance to go beyond the limits.
Your notes are essential and do matter more than formats, storage, platforms, or even the app for note-taking.
"From a feature set and user interface perspective, Outline is impressive" - TechRepublic.
"Outline for iPad really provides the full editing experience you would have in OneNote or even on your Mac." - iPhone Life.
"Outline a grants you the basic and much-needed capability to create new notebooks and sections" - CNET.
Featured on Product Hunt in "Alternatives to Evernote" collection: producthunt.com/e/alternatives-to-evernote
Learn more about beyond-the-platform note-taking experience: check out Outline for Mac at outline.ws/mac
What's New in Version 3.8.2
Episode 3.8.2. "Wait a minute, where is that bug?"
Meet a bunch of improvements making Outline experience most reliable ever (we mean it).
Update 3.8.2 features fixes for the most annoying crashes, freezes, and 'situations'.
Please try the update and send us your feedback!
In case you might want to review what exactly v3.8.2 delivers, here is the list.
• Disk space consumption
• Occasional crashes
• More occasional crashes
• Sync progress bar capable of scrolling back
• Seamless export for notes with all kinds of tricky names
• WebDAV support (beta available by request)
• OneDrive for Business support (one more beta available by request)• iPhone version (another beta available by request)
• More artful notebook covers (catch them all [c])
• Apple Pencil support improvements (thanks to everyone who completed the survey!)
Take notes beyond limits!
I have used this App for both original work and for presenting researched material so it can be easily retrieved on an iPad. I play several woodwind musical instruments and keeping track of fingerings for different situations can become quite complex. Outline has served me well for offering up various fingering solutions for difficult passages. It is my go to app for any task requiring an outline.
Mind blown - great for iPad
Trying to open a Onepkg file on my iPad even using the MS OneNote for iPad was very frustrating. In fact I never got it to work. I installed Outline and it worked effortlessly. Very nice.
Really needs work!!!!!
Syncing doesn't work. It is backup & restore, not sync.
Pen usage is pretty useless on iPad Pro - there is a huge lag and shapes lines are thick