Outline – note app with local storage & cloud sync
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Notes with more creative freedom and better organization.
Captured at any spot on a page and draggable around, organized in the world's most natural hierarchy, stored in your local file system, and synced across devices with your favorite cloud.
Freedom but clear structure. Power features but focus on note-taking. Beautiful UI. OneNote compatible. Powered with import from Evernote and Circus Ponies.
- Choose where you want to store your notes: Dropbox, iCloud, WebDAV, Box, or OneDrive
- Consider a no-cloud option too: some notes need offline and cloud-free privacy
- Mind the coming-soon: SharePoint, OneDrive for Business / Office 365
- Find everything a note needs by the hand: text, lists, tables, images, checkboxes, hyperlinks, and more
- Put that stuff anywhere in a note and then move around / re-size / edit it all, the way you like
- Keep notes structured in a natural hierarchy of pages, sections, and notebooks
- Access a note fast via recents, search, and note links
- Manage font size and color, apply styles and highlighting
- Attach files and insert printouts, to collect documents in one place
ONENOTE'S BEST FRIEND
- Give your OneNote notes a new start beyond OneDrive or SharePoint
- Export to OneNote, just in case
- Go beyond import/export and do a real time collaboration on notes with colleagues who use OneNote (your Mac and their PCs)
- From OneNote
- From Circus Ponies
- From Evernote
Whether it is your meeting minutes, research, document annotations, ideas, or even a book, give those a chance to go beyond the limits.
Your notes are essential and do matter more than formats, storage, platforms, or even the app for note-taking.
"Outline features a full complement of tools to construct even the most complicated notes" - Mac|Life.
"I like Outline's clean user interface" – iMore.
"Outline has a comfortable Mac look and feel" - Mac Appstorm.
Featured in the "Alternatives to Evernote" collection on Product Hunt: producthunt.com/e/alternatives-to-evernote
Learn more about beyond-the-platform note-taking experience: check out Outline for iPad at outline.ws
What's New in Version 3.18.2
Episode 3.18.2. "Hotfix". As software engineers, we might be occasionally using words which sound ultimately familiar to us, but weird to others. This update's name is one of the kind: hotfixing stands for urgent improvements based upon reports about any kind of bugs.
Update to get use of more stability and glitch-free-ness.
Tell us how we can improve Outline: http://help.outline.ws