# Keeper of knowledge and ideas
Outlinely is the home for all your notes, thoughts, ideas and todos. It’s an elegant outliner and writing tool, with a robust document management system, designed to help you stay organized.
# Seeing the big picture
Your notes, ideas, plans, and to-do-lists, can grow sophisticated; Outlinely has all the tools you need to make sense of them. You can organize your notes and ideas into elegant-looking outlines, and keep complexity under control.
# Work anywhere
* Requires a Outlinely Pro in-app subscription.
Outlinely is available for all your devices, including iPhone, iPad or Mac, so you can access all of your notes and ideas from anywhere when inspiration strikes. Outlinely uses iCloud to sync your documents seamlessly.
# Search anything
* Requires a Outlinely Pro in-app subscription.
You might want to make changes to or review your outlines regularly. With full-text search, you can find anything in the Library in a blink of an eye.
Library and Folders
- Each document is an outline.
- Organize documents into Folders & Subfolders.
- Access documents from anywhere with iCloud.
- Bookmark a document and access them quickly from the Favorited folder.
- Embedded link to other documents in Library.
- Full-text search the entire library.
- Search and go to any topic in an outline instantly with Search & Navigate.
- Organize topics into hierachical structure.
- Expand to reveal detail, collapse to hide detail.
- Drag & Drop to reorder items.
- Add notes and links.
- Insert images
- Make checklist, checkboxes, completed status.
- Add formatting : Bold, italic, size, highlighted, strike-through.
- Tags & Autocompletion
Versatile writing tool
- It’s almost magical that Outlinely is both an outliner and a writing tool.
- Markdown syntax highlighting.
- Keyboard’s Accessory Bar provides many outlining functions.
- Word count, character count.
- Typewriter & Focus Mode.
Import and Export
- Import OPML files directly (Outline Processor Markup Language).
- Export your outline to: PDF, OPML, Markdown, and plain-text formats.
- X-Callback-URL Support
- Archive completed items
- Read-Only Mode
- Icons for Library's Groups
iOS & macOS
- Available for iPad, iPhone and Mac.
## Outlinely Pro - Sync and more
- Sync between all your devices
- Themes: Access the collection of beautiful themes.
- Export to PDF, OPML, Markdown
- Search entire Library from anywhere
- Fullscreen Mode
- Typewriter & Focus Mode
Subscription is optional. If you choose to purchase Outlinely Pro to enable Pro features, subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The price is $14.99 per year, and may vary by location.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us @outlinely on Twitter. We’re awaiting your feedback!
Terms of Service: http://glamdevelopment.com/outlinely/tos
- Image Attachments: Images can be dragged and dropped from more sources (Photo and other apps).
- Fix: Restored the ability to drag-and-drop text from other apps.
- Fix: A crash when select “Highlight” from a text selection’s context menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing minimalist interface, but on iPad significant bugs
Update: I forget that every other now and then Apple devices benefit from a restart. That solved the vanishing hierarchy, so I’m bumping my rating from 2 stars to 3. There are still some flow of use clunks (renaming, moving files could be much simpler and is in other apps.
What do I love? Simple interface and look and feel so I can flow with my thoughts instead of wrestle the app (the above issues are not related to outlining, but file management and ease of info out, not in). Library. It is part of my outline and allows me to have one outline of many. Ease of text settings. Well done!
I bought the pro after trying this out; however, I soon learned that reopening outlines to edit them (at least on the iPad) causes them to lose all hierarchy. This is basic outline functionality and they don’t have it. They haven’t updated in 4 months, which is fine if they are in a big production cycle, but with bugs like this present, they ought to be pushing out bug updates faster.
Amazing outlining tool — by far the best!
I’m not kidding—this app is fantastic. The subscription price is well, well worth the clean interface; the extremely reliable sync between my iPhone, iPad, and Mac; the clear, collapsible outlining structure; the well-organized document pane; and (wow!) the gorgeous and greatly-configurable printing and exporting options.
I have multiple international projects running at any given time and this app allows me easily to jump between all my notes, to quickly find specific details, to link between different notes, and to organize everything so easily.
For nearly a year now I have been using this app many times a day on multiple devices and for pretty much all my notes.
Thank you also to the developer for coming back to the app and recently fixing the bugs and making great improvements.
Thank you! The problem is fixed now.
Well designed but the annual price...
While I can appreciate the business model of app developers who should get paid for the work they do. I like supporting developers in the hope they will maintain their product for the long haul.
But it's quite taxing on us consumers when we're asked to pay a subscription fee for an app that over time, say five years, could result in paying $100 to use an app that really doesn't have that many features or updates.
I really want to synchronize my outlines between my devices, but I'm not sure I want to pay yet another subscription fee for app.
- Glam Software Co, Ltd
- 41.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Glam Software
- In-App Purchases
- Pro $14.99
- Lifetime Subscription $31.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.