Outliner for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** This is the iPad only version of Outliner. Outliner is now a Universal app, so new users should purchase that version instead. Please contact us for any questions. Thanks! **
CarbonFin Outliner allows you to organize your thoughts, tasks, and projects. Easily create a todo list for today, or track an entire project anywhere you are. Share your outlines, edit them online, and collaborate with other Outliner users.
• Create outlines full of notes, structured lists, tasks, or detailed projects
• Sync your outlines to Outliner Online or Dropbox for web or desktop editing
• Get a quick view of project progress - tasks with subtasks show a pie-chart indicating percent completed
• Search through all your outlines or an individual outline
• Tag your outlines, and filter based on tag
• Archive old outlines to hide them from view without deleting
• Drag and drop to move items within an outline
• Copy, paste
• Undo, redo
• Expand all, collapse all
• Optional outline numbering
• Securely synchronize your outlines with Outliner Online
• View and edit your outlines in any web browser
• Import and export outlines as plain text or OPML
• Keep all your devices synchronized
• Share an outline with other Outliner users to collaborate
• Sync your outlines with Dropbox to allow quick import/export
• Seamlessly access and edit across your iOS devices and PCs
-= Recent version history =-
• iOS7 support
• Univeral app
• Added an option to automatically delete empty items when they lose focus
• UI polish and bug fixes
• Publish an outline and share the URL for anyone to view
• URL scheme so that Outliner can be launched from other apps (see help for details)
• When a filter is applied, the selected tag is automatically applied to new outlines
• iOS 6.0 support, and iPhone 5 tall screen support
• Backspace in an empty item will unindent, Tab will indent
• Bug fixes and minor enhancements
• iOS 4.3 or higher is now required
• Dropbox support
• Updated account settings UI
• Support for retina iPad display
• iOS 4.0 or higher is now required
• Import OPML from an email
• Tap and hold an outline item to get the cut/copy/paste menu
• Added "no tag" as a filter option
• Online Help is now displayed within the app
• Tagging of outlines
• Ability to mark an outline as "archived"
• Filtering of outlines by tag/archived
• Copy/paste will now allow pasting into other applications
• Added a "simple text" email format, useful for copy/paste into other apps
• Swipe to delete will give you the option to delete a tree
• After syncing, the previously selected outline will be selected again (iPad only)
• Bug fixes
What's New in Version 3.4.4
Fixed a bug that could cause crashing with large outlines.
Needs full screen mode in landscape
Function-wise, this is the best outliner in the store. Although it doesn't have the fancy formatting of omnioutliner, it also doesn't require their proprietary format. And the recent addition of Dropbox sync means I can avoid the Carbonfin website--that's good.
Problem: as it's been since the beginning, this app in landscape remains two iPhone screens glued together. Full screen mode would be easier to use with large outlines, better looking, and would prevent me from unwanted touches on the list of outlines. Please, give us full screen mode in landscape!
This I precisely the outliner that I was looking for. It allows me to create a hierarchical list of items where I can indent them into sub lists. Reorganizing the list is as easy as dragging an item. It also has check boxes which is great to show if I have completed an item. This is simple, elegant and priced right.