Outliner for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** This is the iPad only version of Outliner. Outliner is now a Universal app, so new users should purchase that version instead. Please contact us for any questions. Thanks! **
CarbonFin Outliner allows you to organize your thoughts, tasks, and projects. Easily create a todo list for today, or track an entire project anywhere you are. Share your outlines, edit them online, and collaborate with other Outliner users.
• Create outlines full of notes, structured lists, tasks, or detailed projects
• Sync your outlines automatically to Outliner Online or Dropbox for web or desktop editing
• Get a quick view of project progress - tasks with subtasks show a pie-chart indicating percent completed
• Search through all your outlines or an individual outline
• Tag your outlines, and filter based on tag
• Archive old outlines to hide them from view without deleting
• Drag and drop to move items within an outline
• Copy, paste
• Undo, redo
• Expand all, collapse all
• Optional outline numbering
• Securely synchronize your outlines with Outliner Online
• View and edit your outlines in any web browser
• Import and export outlines as plain text or OPML
• Keep all your devices synchronized
• Share an outline with other Outliner users to collaborate
• Sync your outlines with Dropbox to allow quick import/export
• Seamlessly access and edit across your iOS devices and PCs
-= Recent version history =-
• Added zoom to focus on a single subtree
• Automatic sync
• iOS7 support
• Universal app
• Added an option to automatically delete empty items when they lose focus
• UI polish and bug fixes
• Publish an outline and share the URL for anyone to view
• URL scheme so that Outliner can be launched from other apps (see help for details)
• When a filter is applied, the selected tag is automatically applied to new outlines
• iOS 6.0 support, and iPhone 5 tall screen support
• Backspace in an empty item will unindent, Tab will indent
• Bug fixes and minor enhancements
• iOS 4.3 or higher is now required
• Dropbox support
• Updated account settings UI
• Support for retina iPad display
• iOS 4.0 or higher is now required
What's New in Version 3.6.0
• Added zoom to focus on a single subtree
• Support for iOS 8 and the new iPhones
• Bug fixes
This App gets better and better. Close to perfect !
This is a truly wonderful and very useful and usable app. Compared to it, many other apps for note-taking seem gimmicky. Some are cool, I'll admit, but Outliner is pure Classic in its focus on creating no-fuss outlines to give both great flexibility AND maximum control. The latest version is even more constructively powerful by its ability to focus in on any suboutline you may be working with, removing the surrounding clutter until you're ready to rejoin it. Great search ! And by the way, Outliner is also considerably enhanced by the new Icons feature of IOS8. The icons add flair to your outline, and even better, you can search on the icon. For example, whenever I create an item that has to do with music, I now insert a musical note 🎵. Then later, I can quickly search all the iitems that have musical notes. This is quicker and more intuitive than formal tagging svhemes. Terrific App, all around!
Needs full screen mode in landscape
This is a really good app. It does outlining, just outlining, really well. Which is why it is so frustrating that after 4 years, the developers still haven't released a version adapted to the IPAD. What you get is two iPhone screens sitting next to each other, crowding the space and making it harder to actually write.
Carbonfin, you brought in focus in this release. That's a nice adaptation to the small ipad screen. So put in full screen landscape mode in the next version. Please!
Old review: Function-wise, this is the best outliner in the store. Although it doesn't have the fancy formatting of omnioutliner, it also doesn't require their proprietary format. And Dropbox sync means I can avoid Carbonfin's sync services, too--that's good.
Problem: as it's been since the beginning, this app in landscape remains two iPhone screens glued together. Full screen mode in landscape would be easier to use with large outlines, better looking, and would prevent me from unwanted touches on the list of outlines. Please, please give us full screen mode in landscape!--as I've been asking for three years now. All other apps do it, so I know you can too!
Been Using it for Years
I've tried dozens of outlining and mind mapping apps, but always return to Outliner. It just works!
Keep up the good work, guys! This is one of the single most useful apps in my toolkit.