Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CarbonFin Outliner allows you to organize your thoughts, tasks, and projects. Easily create a todo list for today, or track an entire project anywhere you are. Share your outlines, edit them online, and collaborate with other Outliner users.
• Create outlines full of notes, structured lists, tasks, or detailed projects
• Sync your outlines automatically to Outliner Online or Dropbox for web or desktop editing
• Get a quick view of project progress - tasks with subtasks show a pie-chart indicating percent completed
• Search through all your outlines or an individual outline
• Tag your outlines, and filter based on tag
• Archive old outlines to hide them from view without deleting
• Drag and drop to move items within an outline
• Copy, paste
• Undo, redo
• Expand all, collapse all
• Optional outline numbering
• Securely synchronize your outlines with Outliner Online
• View and edit your outlines in any web browser
• Import and export outlines as plain text or OPML
• Keep all your devices synchronized
• Share an outline with other Outliner users to collaborate
• Sync your outlines with Dropbox to allow quick import/export
• Seamlessly access and edit across your iOS devices and PCs
-= Recent version history =-
• Added zoom to focus on a single subtree
• Support for iOS 8 and the new iPhones
• Automatic sync
• iOS7 support
• Universal app
• Added an option to automatically delete empty items when they lose focus
• UI polish and bug fixes
• Publish an outline and share the URL for anyone to view
• URL scheme so that Outliner can be launched from other apps (see help for details)
• When a filter is applied, the selected tag is automatically applied to new outlines
• iOS 6.0 support, and iPhone 5 tall screen support
• Backspace in an empty item will unindent, Tab will indent
• Bug fixes and minor enhancements
• iOS 4.3 or higher is now required
• Dropbox support
• Updated account settings UI
• Support for retina iPad display
• iOS 4.0 or higher is now required
What's New in Version 3.6.1
Best overall of the many I tried. My "go to" "to do" app
Love this app! And I am not easily pleased.
The focus feature is HUGELY beneficial and not matched by others I have tried. Worth having this app for this feature alone.
As an avid outliner user for projects and to do lists, I find this is the most stable, feature appropriate, and easy to use of the many outline apps I have used on my iPhone 6 and two iPads. Syncs quickly and accurately.
My only three additional requests from Carbonfin would be (1) notes, (2) a night mode and (3) a Mac app, however the web version is adequate for me. Of course I would prefer more than "adequate." Though my second and third too choices for iOS outliners have one or more of these features, this is still my preferred everyday outliner because it is just that superior.
Though there is room for improvement its utility still ranks above the others plus the developer is continually upgrading therefore I give it 5 stars.
finally switched to something better
I have used this app for a long time but have finally switched to something better. The developer just refused to respond to users pleas for enhancements that would make it so much better. I have switched to Cloud Outliner Pro where you can make entries different colors and can change font sizes. Something I asked for many times from the developer of this app. There are so many app designers that are abandoning their apps, now. You start to rely on a productivity tool and then it just gets old and decrepit.
Excellent outline app
I have used this app for a number of years and it stays on all my devices and is used constantly. If you're looking for an outline app this is a must for you!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jeremy Dewey
- © 2008-2015 CarbonFin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.