CarbonFin Outliner allows you to organize your thoughts, tasks, and projects. Easily create a todo list for today, or track an entire project anywhere you are. Share your outlines, edit them online, and collaborate with other Outliner users.
• Create outlines full of notes, structured lists, tasks, or detailed projects
• Sync your outlines automatically to Outliner Online or Dropbox for web or desktop editing
• Get a quick view of project progress - tasks with subtasks show a pie-chart indicating percent completed
• Search through all your outlines or an individual outline
• Tag your outlines, and filter based on tag
• Archive old outlines to hide them from view without deleting
• Drag and drop to move items within an outline
• Copy, paste
• Undo, redo
• Expand all, collapse all
• Optional outline numbering
• Zoom in to focus on a single subtree
• Securely synchronize your outlines with Outliner Online
• View and edit your outlines in any web browser
• Import and export outlines as plain text or OPML
• Keep all your devices synchronized
• Share an outline with other Outliner users to collaborate
• Sync your outlines with Dropbox to allow quick import/export
• Seamlessly access and edit across your iOS devices and PCs
-= Recent version history =-
• Sync the order of outlines across devices (CarbonFin outlines only)
• iOS 12 support
• iPhone X support
• iOS 11 support
• Open In... support
• Ability to hide the outline list on iPad
• Minor UI tweaks
• iOS 9 multitasking support
• One-tap access to notes on iPhone. To enable this, some UI was shifted around. The item chevron is gone, replaced by the "item info" toolbar button that previously only existed on iPad. The delete button was removed to make room for this, so swipe-to-delete is the only deletion mechanism.
• iOS 8.0 or higher is now required
• Added zoom to focus on a single subtree
• Support for iOS 8 and the new iPhones
• Automatic sync
Fix a crash when creating a new outline
Ratings and Reviews
This app is so well designed for making checklists and outlines
Update: 2017: This is still an app I use every day and still appreciate it after all these years. I hope the developer will add a tip jar feature to encourage further improvements. Outliner remains the best and easiest to use checklist and outlining app available. The only improvement I can think of is to enable automatic sorting of outlines by date modified, so the ones I change show up at the top.
I have used it for a few years now and still find it indispensable whenever I need to make a checklist, especially a complex one with subtasks or one which needs to be used daily (I can easily just tap "Uncheck all" and start in again). The website synching makes it easy to create a new outline's items on a computer and then have it show up on my device..
Best outline app available
I have used this app for a number of years and it is the best, easiest to use app available for creating outlines. I use it daily for tracking home tasks, grocery lists and general to-do lists, as well as using it at work to track my project work. It makes it easy to create and use small lists, but it is particular fast and effective for large lists, eg some of my lists have 2500+ items with up to 5 levels of sublists. The app has gradually improved over the years by adding a variety user-requested features. It has been well-maintained, and upgrades and bugs fixes are provided quickly unlike many iOS apps. I can fully recommend this app to anyone who wants to creates lists and outlines of any size on Apple devices.
Hands down the app stores most effective outliner
Since the update (I’m guessing) text in an outline (row) has a tendency to overlap.
Any hopes of a dark mode surfacing? Thanks for having the best outliner available. I work in tech support and have owned Outliner from its inception. The online version is extremely helpful to me in my work as well as the pocket version.
Without it I’m the average tech with it I’m head and shoulders above the rest of the team “organization wise at least”. My supervisors can’t figure out how I can juggle so many task so efficiently. I own Omniplan, OmniOutliner, etc. etc. etc. but all I’ve ever needed was this app.
You really should consider a fresh coat of paint on it (Box integration would be helpful) and charge a more appropriate price. Thanks for all the years of great service as you have helped me in my numerous endeavors while assisting in increased job opportunities and wealth.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.