Outread – Speed Reading
By Arkadiusz Holko
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Speed-read websites, ebooks and documents. Outread improves reading effectiveness by helping you to focus on reading small chunks of text at a time. You can either follow the highlighter along the page or keep it centered.
“A clear winner in the speed-reading category” — AppAdvice
“You're in luck, because Outread will help you get through them [articles] and learn speed-reading in the process.” — Lifehacker
Featured by Apple in “Train Your Brain” section
- Universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Sync with Instapaper, Pinboard, Pocket, and Readability
- Add your own ebooks (DRM-free ePub) or read free classic novels from the built-in library
- Add Microsoft Word, .rtf and .txt documents or read the clipboard contents
- Add URLs using the iOS share sheet (share extension)
- Everything is saved for offline reading
- Follow the highlighter along the page (Guided Reading) or keep the highlighted phrase in the center of the screen (RSVP)
- Adjust the reading speed and the highlighter size (length of the chunk of text you read at once)
- 2 themes (Day & Night) and 5 fonts to suit all reading conditions
- Monitor your progress with reading stats
- Auto archive items once they’re read
- Filter (by services or tags) and sort (by date, length or title) the items
- In order to reduce distractions, items are stripped from unnecessary content – what’s left is the leading photo and the text
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected ebooks (Kindle and most of iBooks ebooks) are not supported
- Sync between iPhone and iPad versions is currently available only via Instapaper, Pinboard, Pocket and Readability
You can see the video of the app on our website: http://outreadapp.com
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach us at email@example.com or @OutreadApp on Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.4.3
- You can now add articles (URLs) to Outread using the iOS share sheet thanks to our new share extension
- Crash on iOS 10.3 in RVSP mode on iPad
It reads traditional left to right
Was looking for a speed reader that "blinks" individual words, rather than just a Sesame Street prompt that leads your eyes left to tight in the traditional means by putting words in bold at a timed intervals
Keeps Crashing When Opening App
Lot of potential. Squash the bugs
For English only
It doesn't support language like Chinese.
update: downgrade to one star
This app has some pitfalls. For example, the statistics page has a share button, which would prefill not your stats but a bait phrase "My reading stats in Outread" with its purchase link, hooray, such a fantastic promotion method I've never seen before.!